Opinions on this bike, please :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
that Evo X2 looks awesome.

I got a brand new pair of XT for 134 quid, so in terms of bang for buck its gotta be Shimano. Hope kit has a certain je ne sais quoi. I totally get the "hewn in the pennines from a single billet of mithril" thing, but have yet to be convinced that it's all as good as it looks. I love bling, and their wheels are awesome, but in an open market they were leaders until others found where to source good Taiwanese hubs, and they no longer have the monopoly on anodised CNC bolt ons. They still ooze flash northern grit, so maintain a market share they deserve, but I'm no longer as convinced as I was.

OP
OP
lulubel

lulubel

Über Member
OK, thanks for the advice. I'm going to buy. I'm just holding off until tomorrow when my CC bill is issued, so I get another month to pay it off without having to pay interest on it.

I'm getting serious itchy buy-button finger, though.

OP
OP
lulubel

lulubel

Über Member
It wasn't me! I didn't buy the damn thing.

I checked yesterday, and it was still available, went on to buy it today, and it was gone.

So, I bought this Cube instead :biggrin:

I know the spec isn't quite as good (although it does have Shimano brakes), but I'll be able to ride it straight "out of the box" without having to mess around getting different stem/seatpost.

Just need to go into the bank on Monday to transfer the money to their account.

billflat12

Veteran
:bravo: Great Choice, now you can really "push the button" . and yes we will be expecting a fully detailed review of your progress complete with photo,s , Some may be relieved when your too busy out riding instead of posting that Spanish inquisition , ^_^ ( seriously though any heads up would be most welcome )

ultraviolet

it can't rain all the time....
have you tried one? if it rides good, go for it.

OP
OP
lulubel

lulubel

Über Member
@lulubel ignore them all, but you must be absolutely hyper now!

Just a bit :biggrin:

I think it's going to be a bit of a wait, though, because the payment will take a few days to transfer - it isn't instant like it is in the UK now - and then they say allow up to 2 weeks between them receiving payment and shipping it.

I just looked at it again on my laptop (rather than the full widescreen monitor on my PC) and I'm surprised to see how short and tall it looks. And the wheels are round instead of oval. Who'd have thought it :laugh:

Top Bottom