Opinions please on this light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wobblers

Euthermic
It seems decent quality, but a little expensive. The claimed light output and runtimes are almost certainly grossly exaggerated. I suspect it'll be a reasonably good "being seen" light at night, hopeless in the daytime and not too great if you want to see where you're going.

You'd be better off with the Smart Lunar 35 - it's much cheaper, just as bright and has a very good runtime. It's an excellent being seen light and almost good enough to see with on a dark lane.

Nick Spam

My Smart Lunar 35 turns itself off repeatedly when going over bumpy roads. To me this looks to be a design flaw where the battery springs/contacts allow a jolt to momentarily break the circuit. When the circuit is brokent the switch sets itself to off. Riding on well lit roads I don't immediately notice the lamp turning off and consider it very dangerous to be riding fast without a front light detering cars pulling out in front of me.

Wobblers

Euthermic
My Smart Lunar 35 turns itself off repeatedly when going over bumpy roads. To me this looks to be a design flaw where the battery springs/contacts allow a jolt to momentarily break the circuit. When the circuit is brokent the switch sets itself to off. Riding on well lit roads I don't immediately notice the lamp turning off and consider it very dangerous to be riding fast without a front light detering cars pulling out in front of me.

I've not had that problem. Some AA batteries are slightly longer than others - rechargeables tend to be longer than alkaline cells (I use Sanyo Eneloops or Uniross Hybrios). Alternatively, try pulling the spring out to ensure you get better contact. An old inner tube between the handle bars and clamp might alos help to damp down the vibrations.

Top Bottom