Optime Rider Recumbent Electric Trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Interested on people's opinion of this, since it's only down the road.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Anybody know much about them? I found lots about Optima' s newer recumbent models, but nowt about this one.
Only ask as there's one on eBay not far from me, wondered if it's worth a punt...

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Bugg*r I've just spent all my dosh on an "upwrong" trike and front wheel electric kit (yet to arrive, bout a fortnight to go:hyper:)
You could bin that motor (or sell it on) and fit a rear wheel kit with hub motor and up to 8 speed cassette.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
To be honest I was thinking of removing the motor.
Wondering if perhaps a recumbent would be better as a recovery machine for me than a 'normal' bike.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
To be honest I was thinking of removing the motor.
Wondering if perhaps a recumbent would be better as a recovery machine for me than a 'normal' bike.
My trike has been great for physiotherapy as my left leg was very weak after 2 lots of surgery, plus the danger of banging it in a fall and undoing the work done
( the break is quite close to my hip) Also I could never get used to putting down my right foot when I stopped as I found when I tore a knee cartiledge 10 years ago, it just feels wrong somehow after 40 years of cycling (50 years now).
I'd thought about a Tadpole but the access problems at the back of my house would have made it a struggle to get it into the conservatory whereas I can use the upwrong as a walking frame. (to get into the back garden you have to go through the conservatory, I designed it that way to increase security of the house and the bikes then got Needhams in Loughborough to custom build it. No-one could see it working til it was finished then they all suddenly 'got it'):cycle::giggle:

Top Bottom