Orbea Gavia anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Stephen-D

Stephen-D

I have certainly been thinking more and more, i went into halfords today to have a look at the Boardman, they do not have the limited edition anymore but i got to have a look at the same bike but in black, seemed quite a nice bike, didnt fall in love with it but i liked it. off to LBS tommorrow to have a look around.

seth

Orbea Quality

Heres my two penneth.

I have had an Orbea frame (Aluminium Lobular with carbon stays/Zertz inserts) for 5 years now and its still as good as new. Yes I have ridden it, Alp d Huez, Croix der Fer, Colombiere etc etc. Great craftsmanship and also a lifetime guarantee.

Recommend any day

(Although the Boardy Special edition looks tasty)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Orbea bikes.. you don't hear many complaints from the Euskaltel-Euskadi professional cycling team whilst they are throwing then around the Tour de France, Giro and Vuelta etc

bad boy

Über Member
gaz said:
at 9,200kg it is on the heavy side. :smile:

Spot on Gaz I was going to say that, it is heavy I test rode one yesterday and actually commented on how heavy it was compared to others like a trek 2.1 alu frame of a spez secteur elite all of a similar price bracket.

OP
OP
Stephen-D

Stephen-D

lol indeed, i went into my LBS today and chatted to the guy there ages about bikes and sportives etc etc, i am now seriously thinking about paying a little extra to get a 2010 and i feels like a feather. Orbea Onix TTG Special Edition. its a very beautiful bike its a little more that what i was going to pay but will just save and extra 300 quid over the next month and im sorted.
orbea-bicicleta-carretera-onix-t105.jpg

Chrisz

Über Member
Get the Onix - lovely piece of kit :evil:

Here's mine;
DSCF8206.jpg

all carbon'd up!! ;)

Stephen-D said:
lol indeed, i went into my LBS today and chatted to the guy there ages about bikes and sportives etc etc, i am now seriously thinking about paying a little extra to get a 2010 and i feels like a feather. Orbea Onix TTG Special Edition. its a very beautiful bike its a little more that what i was going to pay but will just save and extra 300 quid over the next month and im sorted.
orbea-bicicleta-carretera-onix-t105.jpg

Go get it, where is your LBS?,

ChrisZ picture was what started me on the Orbea trial. I am due to go an order mine at the end of Feb and will be getting the Onix TLT in white:tongue:

OP
OP
Stephen-D

Stephen-D

My LBS is in a place called Inverkeithing in Fife Scotland. they have a race team. www.swc.co.uk not to far away from where i live so its an easy to place to go in and chat to them about bikes, im like a Kid in a candy store there lol

Such beautiful bikes, they can cater you with any Orbea on the catalogue they just don’t put them all on the web unfortunately.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
The Onix is a lovely bike. I've got the 2009 model and it's been very frustrating to have it standing idle in the workshop for the past few weeks. During the one period when the lanes round here haven't been iced up, I had flu.

There's one aspect that I think could be improved. I've got Deda supernatural shallow drop bars on my other bike and they are noticeably more rigid than the ones that came with the Onix. The whole feel of the bars is different and I much prefer the Deda ones.

The supernatural is discontinued and the nearest equivalent I've found is the Easton EA70 which I have been using. Still not quite as good, though, and I've been on the verge of swapping the bars round until recently nabbing some cheap supernatural bars on Ebay.

John

Chrisz

Über Member
I bought mine as a bare frameset and then built it up from there. I now have a mix of Record 9 and 10, Racing Zero's, Fulcrum RRS crankset, Cinelli Ram bars (the original ones) and DA SPD-SL pedals.

It's built into a lovely bike but I now want to go SR11 on the gearset, white bar tape and some new pedals. I'll probably go for DA SPD-SL's again but I'd prefer to get some in black to fit the whole "theme". I had a set of Look Keo Carbons but couldn't get on with them (they just felt flimsy and I never got the hang of clipping in).

If I could I'd get an Orca - the Orbea frameset suits me perfectly as it looks 'robust' yet is light and responsive. :thumbsup:

Chrisz

Über Member
I bought mine as a bare frameset and then built it up from there. I now have a mix of Record 9 and 10, Racing Zero's, Fulcrum RRS crankset, Cinelli Ram bars (the original ones) and DA SPD-SL pedals.

It's built into a lovely bike but I now want to go SR11 on the gearset, white bar tape and some new pedals. I'll probably go for DA SPD-SL's again but I'd prefer to get some in black to fit the whole "theme". I had a set of Look Keo Carbons but couldn't get on with them (they just felt flimsy and I never got the hang of clipping in).

If I could I'd get an Orca - the Orbea frameset suits me perfectly as it looks 'robust' yet is light and responsive. :laugh:

Top Bottom