Orbea Mud

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lpjr

Following a small set back I am ready to buy my new bike. I thought my research was almost complete. Decided a cyclocross bike would suit my needs. I did have my bike choice down to two bikes. The Focus Mare £849 and the Kona Jake £750. The purchase is to be made on the cycle scheme.

I then decided to pop into the new bike shop near me. They stock Orbea bikes. The staff were friendly and helpful, I also like the idea of buying locally for follow up customer service.

So the question. Orbea Mud, is it any good? Cost £899. Orbea on the whole get good write ups. But there is little on their cyclocross bikes. So any comments welcome.

OP
OP
lpjr

lpjr

Whoops, an administrator may have to move this thread to the correct area. Sorry.

colinr

Oh well, clearly not a popular bike. Looks very nice on the internet. If possible can some of the more experienced bikers have a look at the spec to see if its good value for money. http://www.orbea.com...d/presentacion/

Cheers.

Don't know much about CX, but on a roadie I'd expect to pay around £800-850 new for a bike with Tiagra groupset.
So £899 seems fine for this, given the extras and that Orbeas are always a bit more expensive than American bikes.
And you don't see many about, it's a nice feeling having something a bit different :rolleyes:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Orbeas 2 year warranrty on components and lifetime warranty on frames sounds good to me.

Dont know anything about cyclocross but its a nice looking machine.

Top Bottom