OT netbooks and maps???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i was looking for something portable for my mapping (tracklogs) and wondered if anyone had got either it, memory map or garmin city select /mapsource running on a netbook?
or should i just keep taking the pills?:sad:

i was told that if a netbook, samsung nc10 in this case, was running windows xp it would run the mapping, but have since heard just the opposite.
advice most welcome before i make an expensive mistake.

oxbob

I have just tried this with a elonex webbook running xp, it will install mapsource but when i try to run the prog it pops up a error message saying no mapsource products found on this pc?

oxbob

Ok got it working, running city nav europe 2009, found fix on a gps forum, you need to have GTC(garmin trainng centre) installed as well, apparently the mapsource DL is only a update file not the complete program

Rob S

I think I'm missing something here....I run Memory Map on my Advent 4211 netbook and didn't know it's someone's idea of a miracle!!

OP
OP
P
i wasn't sure about how these things worked, software i'm ok with but things with no moving parts or oil and grease are beyond me.
anyhow got one last week and got tracklogs and mapsource running as well as ,if not better than on the desktop pc at home.
fuss over nothing:blush::smile:

mercurykev

I run memory map on my NC10 and it works fine. It's not as responsive as my 'real' laptop and you don't have the same screen resolution to play about with, but you can create a route and then upload it to your gps.

Top Bottom