OT: Removing handprints from car metallic paint

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not sure if this is the right topic for cyclechat cafe, but here goes (and yes I know I could write to a motoring forum, but everyone here is so nice :biggrin:)

Due to our growing family, and all the paraphernalia that entails :biggrin:, we need to get a bigger car, as the boot space is no longer big enough.

So I need to get the car looking it's best. It's in good nick except for some handprints that my son has managed to leave on the bonnet! We were never the best at washing the car so there was probably little protection to prevent the staining.

Normal washes don't remove it, so we need something a little more agressive.

I thought about using T-cut metallic. Would this be the best thing to remove these marks? Or would I be better using a coloured polish?

Of course if anyone is interested in buying a 03 plate Silver Honda Civic 1.6SE Executive with about 33000 miles on the clock in great working condition, we've never had any problems (with some bike related scratches on the rear bumper, but nothing that can't be remedied) for about £6500 then you could always PM me!!! :blush:

I hope the little plug is ok!

Keith Oates

Janner
I would have been interested, but not with those scratches;)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

They can be removed honest! In fact the rear bumper could be replaced for about £200 or so, so don't let a couple of bike scratches put you off!!

(This isn't a serious attempt to sell the car honest!! Well maybe just a little bit:shy:)

Top Bottom