OT: Restored faith in human nature.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:
oh right, ok - I was more thinking along the lines of , I hope it's not like a lorry load of lions destined for a zoo or something like that, or crocodiles, that are now running wild on the moors.

I saw a programme about a zo and they were sending a spare tiger to live at a French zoo, and the guys came to collect it in a plain white transit (with a secure cage in the back!). Made me think, all those times you pass a white van and never really wonder what's in it...

I wonder if the load could be something that turns out to be useful to the moor, like that shipping container of rubber ducks that got washed off a ship in the Pacific and the loose ducks ended up providing masses of new data about ocean current systems because of where they washed up...

longers

Legendary Member
How did it end RT? Did he bugger up the chassis? Was he transporting rubber ducks?

And how're the Chalfonts?

Dave5N

Über Member
Disgruntled Goat said:
The wallabies are in the Peak District. But they have been known to do day trips to Saddleworth Moor on their mopeds.

Wallabies have mopeds? :ohmy:

Actually, I'm not surprised. I always thought they lacked ambition.

That's why they are wallabies.

And not kangaroos.

WHo ride classic Nortons. :angry:

longers said:
How did it end RT? Did he bugger up the chassis? Was he transporting rubber ducks?

And how're the Chalfonts?

It turns out he didn't bugger up the chassis, but in the end it took about six hours, five big breakdown trucks and a road closure involving two police cars to get him out. Then he had to drive it to the breakdown company's yard in Manchester, where they took the keys off him because the recovery hadn't been paid for. He sat there all day Friday while the insurance company dithered, then phoned Dad to come and pick him up around 6pm when it became apparent that it wasn't going to be sorted until after christmas. He's still not sure if he's got a job or not.
Oh, the chalfonts are fine now, thanks.:becool:

snorri

Legendary Member
I came across a guy trying to tow out a bogged down tractor when I was touring in foreign parts. There was a bit of a language problem, but he wanted me to drive the 'stuck' tractor, the one that had its back wheels hanging over a 5 metre drop and was rather light on the steering:ohmy:!
I signalled my agreement to help, but only on condition I drove the towing vehicle, and he drove the stuck one.
We managed to get both tractors back on the road and after much gratitude was expressed in sign language I went on my way.
Just another everyday tale of cycle touring.:becool:

Top Bottom