OT: Sky Box

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Pace sky+ v2 and v3 are a different kettle of fish, really easy to upgrade. There were a lot of people who regarded Pace as a swear word and others rather defensive as it was a british company. I did my landlord's sky+ box. Piece of cake. Worked pretty well apart from it's fatalistic dislike of the anytime software.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Smokin Joe said:
I have recently unplugged all my TV equipment and then re-connected it again following a bit of decorating. Having hooked it all up again I have noticed that the Sky box is quite warm to touch, and I am sure the picture is not quite as sharp as previously. Everything is connected as it should be, can anyone with Sky tell me if the box they are using gets warm or have I got a problem?

I have never noticed this before, but then I have never had occassion to touch the thing in the seven years I have had it. Ta for any help.

The picture not being as sharp might be because you've plugged the box back into a different scart socket on the TV. If the box is set to RGB instead of composite video but you've plugged it into a non-RGBenabled scart socket on the TV, then it will display composite video only, which is usually less sharp.

It depends on the TV and its age but often only one scart is RGB-enabled.

The other possibility is that you've daisy-chained the scart lead from the sky box through a video recorder rather than straight to the TV. Many vcrs will only pass through composite video in this way.

John

Top Bottom