Other events on the bealach site ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some interesting routes and seriously contemplating Skye and Aviemore - do you think they'll sell out?

Ullapool one looks like a missed opportunity - could have gone beneath Stac Pollaidh, up the coast road to Lochinver (stopped at the pie shop) then round the Drumbeg road. Looks like they've gone all out for distance instead.

OP
OP
F

fisha

Guru
having a think about it, i think the ullapool is too much for me. the cairngorm one looks good.

i'll mull it over i think.

MichaelM

Guru
The Skye ride clashes with this. I'm not sure whether the Cairngorm ride comes just a bit too soon after. Ullapool is looking good seeing as I missed out on the Bealach' ride again - I think I've got 4 days to decide whether or not to enter.

I really fancy the Ullapool ride, even if they have missed out stac pollaidh

I stayed up there a few years ago in a holiday lodge, the road has some fantastic scenery, even when you are heading inland towards Lairg

I will be entering, although just slightly concerned as to what the weather may be like at that time of the year ;)

Skye one I'll probably miss out as I have quite a few on in May already - Drumlanrig, Fred Whitton (hopefully) and Etape Caledonia

Quite fancy the Cairngorm one too, I was going to do the Northern Rock Cyclone again which is on the same weekend, but would much prefer the cairngorm :angry:

Rab said:

I stayed up there a few years ago in a holiday lodge, the road has some fantastic scenery, even when you are heading inland towards Lairg

I will be entering, although just slightly concerned as to what the weather may be like at that time of the year ;)

Skye one I'll probably miss out as I have quite a few on in May already - Drumlanrig, Fred Whitton (hopefully) and Etape Caledonia

Quite fancy the Cairngorm one too, I was going to do the Northern Rock Cyclone again which is on the same weekend, but would much prefer the cairngorm :angry:

What date is the Drumlanrig event?

Rab said:

I will be entering, although just slightly concerned as to what the weather may be like at that time of the year :biggrin:

Quite fancy the Cairngorm one too, I was going to do the Northern Rock Cyclone again which is on the same weekend, but would much prefer the cairngorm :biggrin:

Looks like I have missed out again :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Noodley

Rab said:
Looks like I have missed out again :biggrin::blush:

Well, you've saved yersel' some money so why not just ride the Deeside Loop audax in May instead? 200km taking in Cairn O'Mount and Glen Shee.

Or Snow Roads 300km at the end of June taking in the aforementioned climbs as well as Cabrach and The Lecht.

Or I'm planning on riding Kirrie - Tomintoul - Kirrie at some point this year. Climbing goes something like this:
Glen Isla (easy), Glen Shee (not easy), the bit between Glen Shee and The Lecht (not easy), The Lecht (not easy), The Lecht (not easy but different in the other direction), the bit between The Lecht and Glen Shee (still not easy), Glen Shee (easier than going the other way but not easy), Glen Isla (probably a lot more difficult after all the rest).
I'll be riding it as an audax so I shall be stopping a few times. Total distance about 220km. I have no idea when I'll be riding it, but "not soon". Maybe August.

There also a 300km ride in June starting in Portmahomack going upto Durness and back again, which should provide some stunning scenery.

Total cost for entry for these rides is £21.00 plus £2 per events for non-audax members. So,£29.00 for all four.

And there's me who said I wouldn't mention audax :sad:

Noodley said:
Well, you've saved yersel' some money so why not just ride the Deeside Loop audax in May instead? 200km taking in Cairn O'Mount and Glen Shee.

Or Snow Roads 300km at the end of June taking in the aforementioned climbs as well as Cabrach and The Lecht.

Or I'm planning on riding Kirrie - Tomintoul - Kirrie at some point this year. Climbing goes something like this:
Glen Isla (easy), Glen Shee (not easy), the bit between Glen Shee and The Lecht (not easy), The Lecht (not easy), The Lecht (not easy but different in the other direction), the bit between The Lecht and Glen Shee (still not easy), Glen Shee (easier than going the other way but not easy), Glen Isla (probably a lot more difficult after all the rest).
I'll be riding it as an audax so I shall be stopping a few times. Total distance about 220km. I have no idea when I'll be riding it, but "not soon". Maybe August.

There also a 300km ride in June starting in Portmahomack going upto Durness and back again, which should provide some stunning scenery.

Total cost for entry for these rides is £21.00 plus £2 per events for non-audax members. So,£29.00 for all four.

And there's me who said I wouldn't mention audax :biggrin:

Thanks Noodley

I think I will do some audaxes this year, I quite fancy some of the ones you have mentioned above.

Now to grow my beard .......:sad:

OP
OP
F

fisha

Guru
Well, thats it, entered into the Ullapool one ... that should do me for the year.

Etape Caledonia : 18th May
10UtB : 31st May
Ullapool : 27th Sept

better get out on the bike then eh !

I actually have this feeling that the Ullapool one is going to be horrendous weather .... just a feeling about it that it'll be a real grinder for a lot of the miles.

Top Bottom