other hobbies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What other hobbies do you or your other half have besides cycling, mrs roadrash likes to do 1/12 scale dolls houses, I get roped in to decorate them , here is one finished today.
IMG_1676.JPG
IMG_1679.JPG
IMG_1678.JPG
IMG_1677.JPG
IMG_1675.JPG
IMG_1674.JPG
IMG_1672 1.JPG
IMG_1680.JPG

alicat

Legendary Member
Wasting time on Cyclechat.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
What other hobbies do you or your other half have besides cycling, mrs roadrash likes to do 1/12 scale dolls houses, I get roped in to decorate them , here is one finished today. View attachment 433447 View attachment 433448 View attachment 433449 View attachment 433450 View attachment 433451 View attachment 433452 View attachment 433453 View attachment 433454
Very nice.

I'm going to get back into model building now I'm semi retired and have time on my hands.

MarkF

Guru
My daughter used to have two houses like those crammed full of Sylvanian animal families living in each room, good memories. When she was teenager and updating her room she gave the houses to me to give away and she cried. They are in my mothers loft wrapped up, hopefully for her child.

I collect vintage wristwatches, have 2 scooters including a 1962 vintage Vespa, a motorbike (love riding two wheeled anythings) and then it's "normal" stuff. Football, hiking, boozing and procrastinating, I am world class with that combination and can often set off for the football, call at a pub and never actually get to the football.

Last edited:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Kayaking, beach fishing, walking and naturism

Dave7

Legendary Member
Kayaking, beach fishing, walking and naturism
Similar likes to you but I draw the line at getting my bits out. Bad enough when Mrs Dave laughs......Im not having strangers laughing as well.
Sold my kayak now......after selling the caravan.
Re beach fishing.....do you remember the old Abbu 484 and the multiplier that went with it ? I still have mine in the garage.

Salar

A fish out of water
Re beach fishing.....do you remember the old Abu 484 and the multiplier that went with it ? I still have mine in the garage.

The Abu multipler was the small red 6000, if you were posh you could afford the black 6000C with ball bearings. They were only designed for salmon / freshwater and as you probably know the side plates corroded.

The 7000 came along in the mid 70's, larger capacity, but not such a good casting reel.

I thrashed my 6000 cod fishing.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Similar likes to you but I draw the line at getting my bits out. Bad enough when Mrs Dave laughs......Im not having strangers laughing as well.
Sold my kayak now......after selling the caravan.
Re beach fishing.....do you remember the old Abbu 484 and the multiplier that went with it ? I still have mine in the garage.
The ABU 484 and the Garcia Mitchell 602AP multiplier were the best combination at the time breaking many distant records around 1975

Top Bottom