other hobbies

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by roadrash, 10 Oct 2018.

1. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

What other hobbies do you or your other half have besides cycling, mrs roadrash likes to do 1/12 scale dolls houses, I get roped in to decorate them , here is one finished today. IMG_1676.JPG IMG_1679.JPG IMG_1678.JPG IMG_1677.JPG IMG_1675.JPG IMG_1674.JPG IMG_1672 1.JPG IMG_1680.JPG

2. alicat

alicat Guru

Wasting time on Cyclechat.

3. Drago

Drago Guru

I'm a senior Search and Rescue volunteer...

MerSAR.JPG

4. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

Very nice.

I'm going to get back into model building now I'm semi retired and have time on my hands.

5. OP
    OP
    roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

the next one has een painted outside and ready for decorating inside IMG_1681.JPG IMG_1683.JPG

6. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

There is a shop in Cardigan that specializes in doll's houses and fittings. It is very much a back street outfit but still a fascinating place to window gaze.

Illaveago, Mrs M and roadrash like this.
  7. MarkF

MarkF Legendary Member

My daughter used to have two houses like those crammed full of Sylvanian animal families living in each room, good memories. When she was teenager and updating her room she gave the houses to me to give away and she cried. They are in my mothers loft wrapped up, hopefully for her child.

I collect vintage wristwatches, have 2 scooters including a 1962 vintage Vespa, a motorbike (love riding two wheeled anythings) and then it's "normal" stuff. Football, hiking, boozing and procrastinating, I am world class with that combination and can often set off for the football, call at a pub and never actually get to the football.

Last edited: 10 Oct 2018
  8. Joffey

Joffey Über Member

My other hobbies are quoits and darts.

9. numbnuts

numbnuts Legendary Member

Kayaking, beach fishing, walking and naturism

10. Bollo

Bollo Failed Tech Bro

I think I’d ask to be put back in the cave!

:whistle:;)

11. MontyVeda

MontyVeda a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

playing chess, walking, cycling, hiking, reading and local history... according to my CV :rolleyes:

Illaveago and classic33 like this.
  12. Dave7

Dave7 Guru

Similar likes to you but I draw the line at getting my bits out. Bad enough when Mrs Dave laughs......Im not having strangers laughing as well.
    Sold my kayak now......after selling the caravan.
    Re beach fishing.....do you remember the old Abbu 484 and the multiplier that went with it ? I still have mine in the garage.

Drago and numbnuts like this.
  13. Salar

Salar Über Member

The Abu multipler was the small red 6000, if you were posh you could afford the black 6000C with ball bearings. They were only designed for salmon / freshwater and as you probably know the side plates corroded.

The 7000 came along in the mid 70's, larger capacity, but not such a good casting reel.

I thrashed my 6000 cod fishing.

classic33 and numbnuts like this.
  14. numbnuts

numbnuts Legendary Member

The ABU 484 and the Garcia Mitchell 602AP multiplier were the best combination at the time breaking many distant records around 1975

Salar likes this.
  15. screenman

screenman Legendary Member

Fixing dents and glass.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice