Ouch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I keep seeing this gif ....
download.gif

Full story here

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Nasty! Poor lady....

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I find the leading rider's very late swing out and failure to communicate hard to understand. Not that's she's responsible for the accident but she could have done an awful lot more to prevent it happening. Inexcusable marshalling though.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I reckon it's the marshalling. Why stand there holding a poxy red flag chatting to your mates rather than doing what you would have been doing any way if it hadn't been a false start and move the fecking starting gate!!!

I find the leading rider's very late swing out and failure to communicate hard to understand. Not that's she's responsible for the accident but she could have done an awful lot more to prevent it happening. Inexcusable marshalling though.
The officials are standing in front of it until nearly the last moment. The lead rider might not have been aware of an immovable object until just before she started to move out.

Edit: as someone points out on road.cc, she's trying to move to the left of the object, but the officials are completely blocking that route, so she corrects but can't get to the right side in time.

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I think the guy with the red flag thinks hes a Bull fighter. And it just goes to show that you can wear as much flourescent colour as you want, but if the cyclist is looking at the track they wont see you.
Steve

martint235

Dog on a bike
I thought carbon fibre was unbreakable? It seems it isn't!
What on earth made you think that? Carbon fibre is incredibly strong against the forces it's been designed to resist but weak if another force is applied to it. Just as an example, take a seatpost. Incredibly strong if you apply pressure along it's length but incredibly easy to crush by overtightening the seatpost clamp.

Top Bottom