*ouch*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

Took my son to a time trial on Saturday. His time? 0.00

Not a PB

He fell off on his way to the start.

Going down a hill just before the start. *Narrow* country lane. Loose gravel on surface. Large lorry comes up hill taking entire width of road.

Son slams on the anchors

Tub comes off front wheel of Zipp 404

Son lands upside down half on verge (with thistle sticking up his nether regions) and half on road, with bike on top of him.

Acres of road rash down his left side, which sort of balances up the acres of road rash scars down his right side from his May crash. At least this time he hasn't broken any bones...

Rear end of aero lid sticks in verge & son ricks his neck.

Needs:-

New skin suit (I have told him that if he really wants one of those nice new long-sleeved Assos skinsuits, he could just have asked nicely)
New overshoes
New aerolid
New tub

longers

Legendary Member
Ouch indeed :blush:

Hopefully he's got all his bad luck out of his system for a few years at least.

Will1985

Über Member
Where was this? I've come across some very large vehicles recently, mostly farming related, but none of them have been considerate to any other road users....a big combine even squashed our nice grass verge yesterday :blush:

Earlier in the Summer, I rounded a bend at full chat on the aerobars to be confronted by the back of a tractor, just pulling-out from a side lane.

I guess he'd pulled-out because he couldn't see me, and I couldn't see him, until I rounded the bend.
If I'd been up on the hoods/horns, perhaps I'd have been able to see/be seen over the hedge.

But I'm on the 'bars, no brakes, not a lot of balance/stability.

He's much slower than me, has some bl**dy great metal-spikey argicultural thing on the back of the tractor that I really don't want to run into.

A bit of excitement before I got on the horns and found the brakes, having decided I couldn't shoot through on his left because the gap was closing too quick and I didn't want to pass on the right in case there was anything oncoming.

Learnt my lesson....

Top Bottom