Our Green Planet - as presented lovingly to us by Sir David

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
(I think we had a thread about nature TV/Films, but lawd knows where it is. Anyway ... )

Green Planet, David Attenborough. What a joy. Every episode had at least one moment of sheer wonder.

(Facepalm moment: realising why those big catcuseses have ridged trunks. Of course they're more like pleats, it was right there under my nose ... )

:notworthy:🌳🌴🌱🌿☘️🍀🎍🎋🍃🍄🌾🌷🌵

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
As good as you'd expect, wasn't it? I have invested in the book I enjoy Simon Barnes' nature writing.

DRM

Guru
Thoroughly enjoyed the series, full of wow moments, I never realised how complex and varied plant life was, David Attenborough has done it again, utterly brilliant

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
The tech we have today compared to waaaaaay back in 1979 when he was rolling around with gorillas is astonishing.
And to think he's in his 90's now, dangling off a wire 200ft up in the rainforest canopy....kudos^_^^_^^_^:notworthy: to Sir Dave.
It's gonna really hurt when he goes....a real national treasure and one sole reason I like paying my licence fee. Since...ahem...some event in 2016...there are those who have the daggers out for Aunty Beeb. I hope they fail as we may lose documentaries like this which are well respected all over the planet. This is the BBC at its absolute best:smile:.
One interesting fact about Sir David ...I think when he was running BBC2 in the 60's, he commissioned Monty Python. Nice one there Dave:okay:.

I told my veggie daughter-in-law that if she watched it she'd never eat another plant again but go red in tooth and claw to wreak vengeance on all the bast*rd animals that did eat them.

Top Bottom