Our off road tandem so far

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Update 135 miles ridden in 4 weeks on our Dawes off road tandem

9614220777_6f7571cf14_z.jpg

9870681044_591b06a864_z.jpg

Saturday saw a long ride with the dog rickshaw on the back making it a very long vehicle
10254210265_f8529067ec_z.jpg

Archie ran half of it and rode the other half
10254257726_db1fe14c7c_z.jpg

Then the day after we ventured for our first Tandem trail centre ride at Coed y Brennin's blue loop we enjoyed it so much we did it twice.

This photo from my rear facing camera sums up the fun we had
10253022965_f4215547bc_z.jpg

The 2nd loop I put the camera onto record and here is the short berm twisty section with Archie getting in the way a little.

So what do you think?

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Love it. Bet it's a bugger for wheelies though!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Yes but to run 16 flat/fast miles one day then 10 hilly miles the very next day would be asking a bit too much of his short legs.
Nah! He's a terrier

We have a doggy rucksack for our JRT to carry her in when she gets knackered. She rides in it for about 10 minutes then is raring to go again. She sleeps well at night though ^_^, I bet your Archie does too.

London Female

Über Member
Fantastic, that looked like a lot of fun. I am hoping to get a tandem for me and my daughter next summer.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It looks great fun.

Is the trailer specifically a doggy trailer or have you adapted achildrens trailer?

Which model of dawes tandem is it?

Steve

London Female

Über Member
@London Female if you wanted to try one before hand feel free to give me shout as we have a Raleigh mtb style one sat doing not a lot in the garage .

must admit i am thinking about attaching it to the turbo so we can both exercise !

I was going to hire one but was told it wouldn't be suitable for us as my daughter, who will be on the back is slightly taller than I am. However, when out with my local ctc group on Saturday a couple who ride a tandem said that is rubbish.

OP
OP
JohnClimber
232 mile in and still enjoying it. we did 26 miles today.

We've entered the Liverpool - Chester - Liverpool 50 mile ride this July so the mileage needs to be upped a little, and my target for the Tandem this year is 1000 miles before 2015

OP
OP
JohnClimber
After a silly slow speed bike crash, 4 stitches and a blood poisoning infection called Cellulitus plus a bought of shingles I've now been given the all clear to ride again, so the Tandem will/should be out this weekend as normal.

Top Bottom