Out on new bike at last.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I bought new bike end of Nov and took delivery first week of Dec. Today was the first chance I've had to get out. What with weather, dark nights and looking after granddaughters whilst their mother was at work during Christmas hols. So I was out today only did 12 miles. A lot slower than I was last ride but that was in September (see previous excuses).
I bought a Boardman Road Sport. First bike bought since Saracen MTB in 1987. I know it is an entry level bike and on has Clarke but it feels modern compared to my 1982 Columbia (see my profile gallery photo's).

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Enjoy :bicycle:

:highfive:

OP
OP
guitarpete247

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
It is but I don't want to make myself ill before work on Monday. Before anyone says I should have a few more days off, I'm a supply teacher and don't get paid if I don't work.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Glad you had fun on your ride.
Just out of curiosity? Is your bike afraid of the dark? I got my first daylight ride for weeks, in today.

OP
OP
guitarpete247

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
GF won't let me out in dark. We are out in the sticks with very few street lights so would need some hi power lights. To many d-heads out at night this time of year as not much chance of them being caught by plod.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
GF won't let me out in dark. We are out in the sticks with very few street lights so would need some hi power lights. To many d-heads out at night this time of year as not much chance of them being caught by plod.
Aha,

I have Moon 360 front lights. Epic things! I live on the edge of a seaside town and mostly the streetlights are not working on our road. I ride to Ipswich 3 times a week, all on country roads, in the pitch black. Wonderful. Today I rode in the daylight for the first time in an age and it was very odd :smile: I have learned my way about in the dark. I am curious to see what it all looks like in the light.

Top Bottom