Outrageous advertising

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Unlike.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Does not shock me, the amount of parasite lawyers out there now looking for a quick pound.
Just look in the back of any cycling magazine and its full of them touting for business, wouldn't be surprised if they put card in the phone boxes down London along with the other not so legal ones.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I quite fancy getting in touch with them... giving them my whole sob story... she's like this, she's like that, the bloody **** and another thing, blah blah blah... for several weeks... then informing them we split nine years ago.

Reactions: Maz

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
It might seem parasitic but some folk in a very unhappy relationship might not have a clue about their legal obligations and rights.

Would the sign be equally repugnant if it was outside the Citizens' Advice Bureau?

TVC

All options?

390597_10150444700192540_693502539_9002924_1072257743_n.jpg

Bicycle

I think it's quite enterprising.

I dimly recall marrying twenty-odd years ago and making all sorts of promises about good times, bad times, sickness and all that associated malarky. They were promises.

Many of my children's friends now have to juggle lives between mum's house, dad's house and all the rest of it. They rarely spend an entire week in the same dwelling and the smaller ones often leave an 'important' toy at the wrong house. Their lives rotate in part around the journey and drop-off between the new homes of their separated parents.

Mum and/or dad may re-marry and there are step-siblings, step-grandparents and then after the second separation there are former step-siblings and former step-grandparents. In between separations, half-siblings may be born and these may sometimes have to choose one parent over another and one set of step-siblings over another. Many grandparents see very little of their grandchildren after a separation.

I know adults who have experienced all of the above. We're told that these complicated and bewildering arrangements are made 'for the good of the children'.

We are in danger as a society of making love a conditional emotion, which I find slightly tragic.

If a lawyer wants to take a fee from that, I do not see him or her as the malefactor.

I find it quite bizarre that eternity now means 'as long as it takes to eat a McDonalds or find someone better'.

The closest person to me who went through a divorce was my Brother-in-Law. I saw it tear his children, his parents and his sister to pieces. He suffered too. How much better just to choose well in the first place.

As we seem incapable as a society of doing that, all power to a lawyer who wants a cut.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I share your sentiment about the vows I made in front of my family and friends. The words "for better or for worse" were included and I am not about to break my word.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I don't believe that it is all in the "choosing the right person". I don't believe in changing partner, just because you are not happy. I believe that it is in the right attitude - taking time and care to make sure that you do not drift apart, laying good foundations and taking precautions before things start to go awry. That even if you meet the person who affects you like no other has, who is your "soul-mate" and understands you like no other, you have made your choice, and you should stick to it, as I certainly don't want it happening the other way round.

But I think I'm a little out-of-step with many around me.

Top Bottom