Outrageous things done at work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Elmer Fudd said:
Worked at a company in brum where they built an "inspection hut" in the middle of the shop floor. One of the inspectors was called Terry Latif, obviously not of a white persuasion.
Overnight a very professional looking painted wooden sign went up on it saying "Latifs mini-mart and taxi rank".

Were you for or against the racist bullying?

LOGAN 5

Worked in the Civil Service years back and when the boss was on holiday I didn't go to work and when he was out for odd days at meetings again didn't turn up. When I was there just did a few hours then went to the gym. Nobody cared what went on.

LOGAN 5 said:
Worked in the Civil Service years back and when the boss was on holiday I didn't go to work and when he was out for odd days at meetings again didn't turn up. When I was there just did a few hours then went to the gym. Nobody cared what went on.

Apparently nothing's changed except bonuses are awarded now...;)

I was on a team of three at an IT recruitment agency in Charing Cross in the late 90s and one of our jobs was to transcribe CVs. Many of our candidates were from overseas- a lot of Antipodeans and people from India, and we played a politically incorrect game... when someone was due in for interview we would have little bets on their appearance- winner was let off making tea.

We all got it wrong one day when a gentleman came in whose name and CV suggested young, black and enthusiastic, he turned out to be white, bald, bearded, scrawny and early fifties ;).

I'd like to stress that there was no malice intended in this, it was just a silly way of getting through a boring day!

Top Bottom