Outside hip ache

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Steady

Steady

Über Member
I do greatly appreciate all the replies. I do respect all of the insights and different angles you’re all coming at this from.

The physio I saw wasn’t a hospital/GP clinic based it was a Physio that has a few clinics scattered around Derby/Nottingham. Don’t really want to name them as it’s perhaps just unfortunate they didn’t do much for me and I have to understand if they weren’t sure of what they were doing then perhaps doing nothing was a safer approach.

The Burton on Trent physio you linked Vickster looks great but seems a bit too far out of the centre of Derby.

I’ve tried not to be over-critical of some of the things the Physio said, but it has seemed that a lot were to be taken as a loose interpretation so I understand exactly what you’re saying about arthiritis KingRollo, I think it was based alone on hip range of motion which was good, lack of clicking/snapping.

The oddest thing was when I pointed out the effected leg is weaker to balance on than the other I was told “That’s probably something else”.

I think the route I have to take is Doctors explain physio didn’t improve, help or even get close to what feels like a proper diagnosis and push for some kind of investigations/MRI.

This morning I wake up feeling perfect, I feel as if I could run, walk, cycle and do anything, but then a small walk is enough to begin an aggravating “ache type” sensation which will then come and go through-out the day.

A few things that helped me:-

1.If you muscles aren't operating correctly - a strengthening program may help - but results are very long term - it took me 18 months after a firm diagnosis

2.Yoga

3.The gym - I put a good wager that you were told to work on your core. Ive had more joy with full body workouts 3 times week

4.google, google,

5.Don't give up !

Get in touch if you want details of the sports injury consultant that helped me. I seen him on the NHS (might not be so easy now)

vickster

Legendary Member
I do greatly appreciate all the replies. I do respect all of the insights and different angles you’re all coming at this from.

The physio I saw wasn’t a hospital/GP clinic based it was a Physio that has a few clinics scattered around Derby/Nottingham. Don’t really want to name them as it’s perhaps just unfortunate they didn’t do much for me and I have to understand if they weren’t sure of what they were doing then perhaps doing nothing was a safer approach.

The Burton on Trent physio you linked Vickster looks great but seems a bit too far out of the centre of Derby.

I’ve tried not to be over-critical of some of the things the Physio said, but it has seemed that a lot were to be taken as a loose interpretation so I understand exactly what you’re saying about arthiritis KingRollo, I think it was based alone on hip range of motion which was good, lack of clicking/snapping.

The oddest thing was when I pointed out the effected leg is weaker to balance on than the other I was told “That’s probably something else”.

I think the route I have to take is Doctors explain physio didn’t improve, help or even get close to what feels like a proper diagnosis and push for some kind of investigations/MRI.

This morning I wake up feeling perfect, I feel as if I could run, walk, cycle and do anything, but then a small walk is enough to begin an aggravating “ache type” sensation which will then come and go through-out the day.

I'm not familiar with that area (the website said it's easily accessible from Derby, you don't have a car?). It could be worth a session or two to at least get a definitive diagnosis, rather than waiting probably 3-6 months for NHS consultant / MRI (that course of action will get very expensive if you choose to speed up the process by going private)

Top Bottom