Over done it..?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Good luck in the New Year Chris.Hope your knee problem is sorted and you can get back to enjoying the bike.

PS what exactly are Speedplay pedals?

OP
OP
Chrisc

Chrisc

Guru
Banjo said:
Good luck in the New Year Chris.Hope your knee problem is sorted and you can get back to enjoying the bike.

PS what exactly are Speedplay pedals?

Cheers! Speedplays are clipless with free rotation which is supposed to remove stress on the knees. I'll see if it works shortly with luck tho I did need to raise my saddle by two inches according to Sheldon so that might do it anyway. Still the speedplays can't hurt to try out!
Happy new year!

OP
OP
Chrisc

Chrisc

Guru
Still using spd's but a 1mm spacer under the right cleat to tip my foot flatter has brought my right knee back into line. Was previously flailing around. Left knee is close to the top tube, right knee was about eight inches away! Only eight miles today BUT got up the big hill with no twinges from the knee at all!! xx( And I kept up with a guy on a road bike who was standing on the pedals while I just sat and ground it out.
Now I just need the trapped nerve in my shoulder that's currently killing me to bugger off and I'm good to go again! Tens machine session two today...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Once you get 'into it' you might benefit from a Specialized Body Geometry check on your feet.

Expensive, but you can customise the shoe inserts to suit, but you seem to be getting sorted now.

As others have said, your knees are the most important part to get right, and you MUST look after them as a cyclist, especially if you want to do it for a lifetime.

You'll get your setup sorted soon, just remember, a little at a time (miles and adjustments).....

Once 'dialled in' you'll soon notice if a cleat isn't set up quite right...

Top Bottom