Over the moon!

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Nope. I got some clotrimazole cream prescribed from the Doc that seemed to have helped but I still don't know exactly what the problem was!

Clotrimazole? That's used for athlete's foot and thrush, both fungal infections.

Please Sir, what is a charge spoon? Does it use mains or DC current?

A family of Charge Spoons out for a ride yesterday....

charge_spoon_assorted_saddle.jpg

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

I'm going to do the same route tonight and see if I can get it done in under an hour then next time I'll try and find some hills... just to please @Rasmus ;)

Davidc

Guru
Ah ha! Thank you for enlightening me. Charge spoons look expensive, but I wouldn't want to eat my porridge with one :-)
Not especially. I use one on my 'round town' bike as I can afford a new one if it gets vandalised/ stolen/ whatever. I did have 2 (but sold one). If you want one shop around and check second-hand sources.

I know a number of people who have found them excellent for al their riding. (My backside finds them comfortable for up to about 30 miles/ 3 hours riding. Any longer and it has to be a Brooks).

RedFeend

Not especially. I use one on my 'round town' bike as I can afford a new one if it gets vandalised/ stolen/ whatever. I did have 2 (but sold one). If you want one shop around and check second-hand sources.

I know a number of people who have found them excellent for al their riding. (My backside finds them comfortable for up to about 30 miles/ 3 hours riding. Any longer and it has to be a Brooks).
I said that because they appear to be covered in leather. Is it synthetic then?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

I said that because they appear to be covered in leather. Is it synthetic then?

There's a synthetic leather + crmo rail version for around £20 and a real leather and titanium rail version for £70.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Alright, I'm home from todays ride. It did not go well. It was going fine up until the ten mile mark... my jockey wheel flew out of my derailleur. After spending 45 minutes at the side of the road picking up pieces, I managed to find the jockey wheel, the screw and one washer. I managed to get everything fixed (minus one washer) and head home.

Strava ride for today - http://app.strava.com/activities/58241998

I also forgot to turn it on at certain points :banghead:

Alright, I'm home from todays ride. It did not go well. It was going fine up until the ten mile mark... my jockey wheel flew out of my derailleur. After spending 45 minutes at the side of the road picking up pieces, I managed to find the jockey wheel, the screw and one washer. I managed to get everything fixed (minus one washer) and head home.

Too much power ;)

RedFeend

There's a synthetic leather + crmo rail version for around £20 and a real leather and titanium rail version for £70.
Thanks for that. I thought it would be more for the higher spec.

At present, just starting out after a long break due to disability, I have a gel saddle suited to the size of by backside. I am truly hoping that said backside will reduce in size and I can get a saddle which looks a bit more 'cool', and not so much ' my Lord that woman's got a fat arse'.

OT I've been looking through the threads concerning pants or no pants under padded cycling shorts. I just bought some Altura gel pro ones yesterday and never having worn dedicated cycling kit before, the 'issue' has never come into my mind.
Before I had to stop work I was a theatre nurse and had seen it all. Truly, 30 years ago I had a woman on the slab who had her pussy dyed green. Above was a tatoo that read 'keep off the grass'.

Anyway, I can't decide whether to go out with no knickers on. Spose I should try it and then decide.

Peteaud

Veteran

Jazz, without a shadow of any doubt, you are a one man disaster area. :laugh:

Hope you get bike runiing well and start enjoying it again.
FWIW stick with the spoon, they do take a while to bed in. I recently swapped mine over and the newer one is only just feeling right after quite a few miles.

Top Bottom