overshoes for winter riding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom B

Guru
Another Vote for BBB

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/bbb-water-flex-overshoes-bws03-aw15/rp-prod45050 (though they was cheaper a few weeks ago)

I use them with Shimano R107s which are "well ventilated"

I was initially skeptical of Overshoes and preferred instead to but bags on my feet and wrap my shoes in pvc tape for winter, but now I'm sold on overshoes

They are perfect for the commute, day to day use and for the longer ride. I had them on for a few hours in the recent snow and they get my feet warm.
At about 6 month old and pretty much daily use they seem to be holding up well. Ive even worn them with trainers when ride a bike with flats.

OP
OP
eldridge

eldridge

I have BBB Aquashield. Used them across the last three winters. Still going strong.
How has the zip held up?

OP
OP
eldridge

eldridge

Hello folks thanks for all your replies. Just to be clear I'm quite a keen cyclist commuting everyday to work and back but the overshoes are not needed for this.
It's at the weekends and week nights when I need to keep my feet warm and dry if possible. I went out on Sunday morning for a couple of hours with sealskin waterproof socks on and when I got back my feet were completely frozen, this is also with the Velcro on the shoes backed right off so I can keep moving my feet around for circulation reasons. I am prepared to pay good money for a set of overshoes that do the job correctly. I've been looking at the Altura ones which you just pull on right over your shoes no zip no Velcro, I can't see how these would be easy to get on and more so get off at the end of the ride when you are completely shagged!

Any more help would be great.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I am going to say BBB Hardwear Aquashields too. Had mine for several winters and the zips are absolutely fine still. Proper quality.

Mine are model BWS04.

I got some Altura waterproof overshoes for warmer wet days and they don't fit as well. Also using some DHB windproof ones which are good for most things but nothing like as warm as the BBBs.

HTH

OP
OP
eldridge

eldridge

I am going to say BBB Hardwear Aquashields too. Had mine for several winters and the zips are absolutely fine still. Proper quality.

Mine are model BWS04.

I got some Altura waterproof overshoes for warmer wet days and they don't fit as well. Also using some DHB windproof ones which are good for most things but nothing like as warm as the BBBs.

HTH
Ok thanks, I may have to try a set of the Bbb ones with all these recommendations got some proper socks on order also, so we will see how things go!

I appreciate all the advice that has been given, thanks

I have BBB Aquashield. Used them across the last three winters. Still going strong.

Am with you on these. They have been great for me..

D

Deleted member 22722

BBB Arctic Duty for me. Had a pair for the last 2 years and although I only wear them for longer rides in the winter or when it's really cold for a commute they're showing little sign of wear. The toe & heel areas are made of really strong material and even these don't show any real signs of wear. I've had other brands of overshoes that have started tearing after only a couple of rides. I'm confident these will last another few years at this rate.

Top Bottom