Overshoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pompey Princess

Veteran
Which ones do I go for to keep my feet dry??

Some say warmth but don't mention keeping you dry???

My commute is approx 7 miles so nothing too mad but I don't want to be soaked as we have no proper change facilities :biggrin:

Cheers

Just seen the thread below - oops

OP
OP
Pompey Princess

Pompey Princess

Veteran

OP
OP
Pompey Princess

Pompey Princess

Veteran
Mmm, thanks for that - I'm still a relative newbie to all this cycling malarky and these look OK for use with 'normal' trainers, not just bikey shoes with the pedal clip thingys!! Good price too :rolleyes:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Pompey Princess said:

I had these and they fell to bits far, far too quickly (within a couple of months). Seams came apart, holed everywhere, zips broke, reflective strips came off. Utter waste of money.

Go for the MTB version of them - I got given then as a pressie last Xmas and they're still in pretty good nick. Starting to come apart at the seams around the cleat holes, and I've worn through a couple of bits on the side of the heels where I've rubbed them against the rear wheel when unclipping, but still working as well as they ever did.

ChrisKH

Guru
I have a cheap set of overshoes from Lidl and they worked fine on Sunday. Kept my shoes dry throughout the day despite several very heavy rain showers. Prolonged water I suspect would seep, but even then they would keep your feet warm, though somewhat wet.

I have got a little pair of Lidls = 7/10 for warm, 2/10 for dryness
Then I got some Endura neoprene - massive improvement but hot...10/10, 7/10
- in 'big' rain, the shoes get wet from underneath anyway and sooner or later the rain gets inside the covers and the socks start sucking water. These overshoes are already showing signs of wear ie: a tab covering the rear zip has departed. They are open backed and 'pull on' to the cycling shoe, then zip up.

Today I got a pair of Altura - which have a velcro (see tdr1nka's link :tongue:) closing system, allowing for more 'custom fit' to one's individual shape. Wore them home tonight and first impression is that they are lighter and cooler. Quite a lot of reflective stuff on them too - sooo attractive - which is why I got dinked by a taxi in the twilight (he apologised) and cut up by a chavvy beat box in Hounslow. Tossers.:tongue:

Top Bottom