Overshoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

essexboy80

Hi All,

This is my first post so please be gentle.

I am after my first pair of overshoes following a very wet bike ride last week (shoes took days to dry!).

I use Shimano RO88's Size 45.

Would love some recommendations for good waterproof overshoes and also what size I should be looking at.

Thanks

Paul

mattobrien

Guru
I use Castelli Diluvio neoprene overshoes, they keep the worst off, but if it is heavy rain you will get wet feet. Water tends to drain down the legs. The best I have managed is waterproof socks, overshoes and tights over the top of the overshoes.

I quite like the look of Velotoze for the summer, but I expect they would get holes easily.

Citius

As above - your feet won't stay dry in the (very) wet, even with overshoes. Best you can hope for is clean shoes, or in the winter, warmer feet.

BigAl68

Über Member
Winter boots for wet days. I rode into work for the past two days in boots even if I had to ride home with warm feet. I would rather have a dry feet and shoes any day

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Like most above, waterproof socks and overshoes and I still get wet feet, but they are warm.
I'm happy with warm and wet (@Fnaar ) but I can't stand having cold feet.
I once got cold feet when Miss Goodbody up the road suggested something warm and wet, but now it's a road well-travelled. :okay:

Top Bottom