Overtaker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sidevalve

Über Member
Riding along yesterday on the M/cycle I saw two bikes up ahead one behind the other so swung out to pass them. Gave plenty of room and all was well untill the rear guy suddnly decided he wanted to overtake the one in front and just pulled out when I was almost level with his rear wheel. Even a couple of meters + suddenly becomes not much when you've no idea how far out he's going to come. Ok no real disaster as being on a m/bike I could [just] swerve out a bit more and avoid him but if I'd been in a car and the road busy things might have been very different.
He gave no signal or, surely more important, bothered to glance behind.
I'm all for the old "the overtaker should make sure it's safe to do so" bit but that applies both ways.
No real gripe hear and maybe the guy just made a mistake and forgot to look but it just proves it's not only the drivers of powered vehicles that can do silly things. Just a reminder to keep yer eyes open I suppose.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
See this type of thing on almost a daily basis on my commute. Some cyclists simply have no idea of roadcraft.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
[QUOTE 2486547, member: 259"]Exactly, just assume that everyone else on the road is an idiot - cyclists included.[/quote]

Theres no assumption needed. People prove it often enough.

Top Bottom