Ovo Energy Tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Starts today with Beccles to Stowmarket in the rain. Highlights ITV4 at 8pm. Who do you think will win? Have they toughened the route enough to prevent a repeat of last year's Rivera win?

sheddy

Legendary Member

rualexander

Legendary Member
A pothole caused the bad crash today, looked like it burst the front tyre of the first faller and caused a dramatic loss of control.
Should a pothole of that significance not have been found in advance of the race and repaired?

OP
OP
mjr

mjr

A pothole caused the bad crash today, looked like it burst the front tyre of the first faller and caused a dramatic loss of control.
Should a pothole of that significance not have been found in advance of the race and repaired?
Yes, it should, but Oxfordshire's worst was on show today, with the awful Wallingford gutter bike lanes on TV before the dreadful road surfaces of Didcot.

Stitches in the face for Vos, says http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/ovo-energy-womens-tour-2019/stage-3/results/

johnblack

Über Member
I think they're in Burton Dassett Country Park today, great place to watch a climb as it's sort of a natural amphitheater. Was think of taking the day off to go out there but the weather is cack. Hopefully better for the mens tour who do three circuits of it in September.

rualexander

Legendary Member

Looks like it was a handlebar failure that caused the first rider to lose control rather than a burst tyre as i first thought. Still looked like a pothole was responsible despite the organisers saying it wasn't.

OP
OP
mjr

mjr

I think they're in Burton Dassett Country Park today, great place to watch a climb as it's sort of a natural amphitheater. Was think of taking the day off to go out there but the weather is cack. Hopefully better for the mens tour who do three circuits of it in September.
Looks like you missed a good one. Today's descent finish into Builth Wells looked pretty impressive too, but was more difficult for the spectators, with the key move coming on the remote- looking final climb.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Looks like you missed a good one. Today's descent finish into Builth Wells looked pretty impressive too, but was more difficult for the spectators, with the key move coming on the remote- looking final climb.
This is a map of the final categorized climb:

Eppynt.JPG

It's a very long time since I've been there, and I confess I've only ever ridden down. Pick your spot well, and it looks as though it should've been possible to watch the last mile of action without needing to move too much. But on the evidence of the TV pictures, the waiting spectators might've been forgiven for thinking they'd got the wrong day.

Top Bottom