Owl identification.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Proto

Legendary Member
Found this owl in a ditch looking very sorry for itself, so scooped it up and took it to St Tiggywinkle’s, near Aylesbury, for some TLC.

I forgot to ask what sort of owl. Anyone able to enlighten me. It was pretty big, bigger than a barn owl. (I’ve also taken a barn owl there in the past!). Thanks.

Tawny? Short eared?

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
It looks like Oliver.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Found this owl in a ditch looking very sorry for itself so scooped it up and took it to St Tiggywinkels, near Aylesbury, for some TLC. I forgot to ask what sort of owl, anyone able to enlighten me. Was pretty big, bigger than a barn owl. (I’ve also taken a barn owl there in the past!). Thanks

Tawny? Short eared? View attachment 566887
I think Tawny owls tend to be a bit lighter in colour than that but I could well be wrong. Anyway, it's a mighty fine looking creature.

Last edited:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Found this owl in a ditch looking very sorry for itself so scooped it up and took it to St Tiggywinkels, near Aylesbury, for some TLC. I forgot to ask what sort of owl, anyone able to enlighten me. Was pretty big, bigger than a barn owl. (I’ve also taken a barn owl there in the past!). Thanks

Tawny? Short eared? View attachment 566887
I think it's a Short eared owl. Tawny owls have a whiter face.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Tawny, either a twitter or a twooer.

Top Bottom