1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owl on a bike

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by domd1979, 6 Mar 2008.

1. domd1979

domd1979 New Member

2. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Excellent!:biggrin:

No need for a bell. Just give the owl a poke in the back and you get a nice "twit, twit" (or twoo, twoo, depends which sex does which, I forget...)

3. mr Mag00

mr Mag00 rising member

damn you arch i was just thinking about typing that

4. Pete

Pete Guest

I may have mentioned already, that my avatar - well not the actual individual in the avatar, but one of his/her cousins - once hitched a lift on my son's handlebars for several miles.

5. Speicher

Speicher Vice Admiral Staff Member

Excuse me, Arch, (t)wooo are you calling a twit? ;)

6. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

The nearest I've had to that is an owl flying alongside me as I pootle the lanes.

7. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

that would have made you pootle your pants!

8. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

It was quite lovely! The owl, not the pootling in my pants...

Also had a hawk fly alongside a time or two.

The other morning when I was out sur 'bent, a deer (hind) ran across the road right in front of me.

9. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I once saw a seagull attacking a jogger on the sea front road at South Shields, the jogger wasn't smiling that's for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig Vice President in Exile

On the way into work this morning a fox crossed the road in front of me and then stood on the verge, so I pulled up the car level with him/her and we stared at each other in a friendly sort of way for about 30 secs. It was quite companionable. Then I had to bugger off because another car appeared.

11. Mac66

Mac66 Senior Member

My commute is pretty much out in the sticks, so I get to see plenty of wild life.

My best wildlife experience was cycling along as a bird of prey followed parallel for about a mile. Wonderful stuff.

12. Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig Vice President in Exile

I wonder if that is because cyclists occasionally startle mice causing them to scurry off and some hawks cotton on to this, similar to seagulls following tractors at ploughing time.