Owl on a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
domd1979 said:

Excellent!:biggrin:

No need for a bell. Just give the owl a poke in the back and you get a nice "twit, twit" (or twoo, twoo, depends which sex does which, I forget...)

Pete

I may have mentioned already, that my avatar - well not the actual individual in the avatar, but one of his/her cousins - once hitched a lift on my son's handlebars for several miles.

wafflycat

It was quite lovely! The owl, not the pootling in my pants...

Also had a hawk fly alongside a time or two.

The other morning when I was out sur 'bent, a deer (hind) ran across the road right in front of me.

Keith Oates

Janner
I once saw a seagull attacking a jogger on the sea front road at South Shields, the jogger wasn't smiling that's for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
On the way into work this morning a fox crossed the road in front of me and then stood on the verge, so I pulled up the car level with him/her and we stared at each other in a friendly sort of way for about 30 secs. It was quite companionable. Then I had to bugger off because another car appeared.

Mac66

My commute is pretty much out in the sticks, so I get to see plenty of wild life.

My best wildlife experience was cycling along as a bird of prey followed parallel for about a mile. Wonderful stuff.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I wonder if that is because cyclists occasionally startle mice causing them to scurry off and some hawks cotton on to this, similar to seagulls following tractors at ploughing time.

Top Bottom