Oww!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I was out this morning for a little run on the Felt, and all was going well until about an hour into it, when suddenly my face became very sore under my right eye.

I appreciated that it was probably the cool air, and quickly figured it was probably my sinusses getting zarked up by the coldness (I had just had a really fast descent down a hill - I even managed to race a rabbit along the middle of the road at one point!).

The thing is, other than the usual sinusitis remedies, can I do anything to try and rememdy this particular issue??

By the way, I got to the bottom of the hill and went to turn onto the A82 Dual Carriageway at Milton (this was about 5am I hasten to add), and saw a guy on what looked like a Cervello going past.
I was going to go in the other direction but eventually decided to follow him home to Dumbarton, with my face aching and me, I'm afraid to say, not wanting to make it any worse.

If that was anyone on here, hello :hello:

Anyway, can anything be done about this problem??

Thanks.

All i gotta say is.... out for a spin at 5AM this morning !!!!!!!!!!!! thats just too keen...

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
All i gotta say is.... out for a spin at 5AM this morning !!!!!!!!!!!! thats just too keen...

Oh I left the house whilst it was still dark and I had no lights - TT biking Ninja Style! :laugh:
Luckily the advantage of being out at the time of the morning is that there is sod all traffic about, so it wasn't much of a problem!

Anyway, I was just pootling about on local roads and hills, trying to build up stamina without bothering so much about speed, but I wonder where the guy on the Cervello had come from - I never found out, I just let him gradually disappear off into the distance, never to be seen again (actually, that's not quite true, I tried to catch up with him at first, but he was already was too far ahead for me to bother a great deal).:hello:

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Yes yes Montage, I might not be an oil painting or anything, I'll admit! :biggrin:

Anyway, further to my woes, I was out yesterday morning (I felt my face start to get sore but I never needed the buff, which was left sitting round my neck), but THIS time, I was exploring a new route, and part of it was on a small narrow track (it connects two different roads next to Glasgow Airport you see, and goes right past the western end of the runway, which was nice as I stopped and watched some of the planes).

I came to a very tight corner with bushes on one side, the airport fence on the other, and not great visibility as to what was around the corner.

Now, this turn was about 90 degrees, so I slowed down without even thinking about my clipless pedals, and went to go round it.
The end result was, I had to brake more sharply than I thought as there was smeg all space, and I ended up going to fall over, feet still clipped in, because I had forgotten about them.

Instinctively, I reached out and grabbed hold of the fence, which both stopped me dead, and kept me upright (the fact that I could hold on to the fence tells you how little space there was).
Unfortunately, because I was still moving, I pulled my arm right back, and it bloody hurt at the time, I can tell you!

So, now I have a sore shoulder to nurse.

Oh yes, and later on I got a puncture too ....in the rain, and I didn't have anything with me :blush: (I would have walked back over the Erskine Bridge, but I was too wet and cold by this point <I was shivering so BADLY even I was surprised>, so I got the train from Bishopton into Glasgow and then back to Dumbarton instead, by which time I had ddddefrosted again).

Honestly, first my feet, then my face and now my shoulder. What next?!

Top Bottom