P*&^%$£e repair adhesive recomendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

Just tried to glue a patch to a tube with halfrauds glue and it won't set . its been 15 minutes and it still hasn't stuck . Its rubbish.
What are the best patches and glue out there ? I need really really small thin patches and some glue I can sniff if I can't repair my tube :biggrin:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
You're not trying to stick the patch on as soon as you have applied the glue are you? You need to give it 5 mins before applying the patch :biggrin: Apologies if you have done this anyway... not suggesting anything numpthyish, just though I'd check :ohmy:

SD

OP
OP
P

peanut

Sittingduck said:
You're not trying to stick the patch on as soon as you have applied the glue are you? You need to give it 5 mins before applying the patch :smile: Apologies if you have done this anyway... not suggesting anything numpthyish, just though I'd check :biggrin:

SD

i was probably a tad impatient :blush:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Could be the patches. Tip Top are the best kits ever.

OP
OP
P

peanut

I was using the Top lite patches which are very small thin feathered edge patches . I've used them for years without problem.
I suspect that glues have been changed to maker them safer ( ie glue sniffing) The glue doesn't actually weld the patch to the tube as the better quality glues used do

I suppose the glue could have been out of date ?
I shan't be buying Halfrauds again thats for sure.:biggrin:

Top Bottom