P Fairy strikes again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wolf04

Set off this morning, rear tyre felt a little spongy but I decicded to ignore it.....Wrong Wrong Wrong. Two miles later flat as a wonderful flat thing that has been ironed flat! Turns out that when I had a new back wheel fitted weekend before last the rim had been chafing the tube at the valve. I know this because it came off in my hand as I was changing the tube. Lesson learned always check the repairs done by someone else and don't ignore spongy back wheels :laugh:;)

Hang on cant you fit the back wheel yourself?

I normally go to Evans (Waterloo) for a service (Fnar Fnar)...Expensive but convenient and usually do a good job (and it's near my work)...Only for major stuff that I can't do though.Think it needs a service soon as it's done 1250 miles since late September although I didn't use it for most of November as I was in Hong Kong and Japan.

OP
OP
Wolf04

Wolf04

It was a major service. New back wheel (rims shot) new chain, rear sprocket and new chainset. I could probably have had a go at doing myself but have nowhere to do such and don't think middle of the living room would have went down very well. I'm asuming the problem is just a poorly finished wheel rather than poor service on the part of Edinburgh coop. I'll take the wheel back off tomorrow and have a closer look at the valve hole.
Pete

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Wolf04 said:
... poor service on the part of Edinburgh coop...

What to you expect from the Edinburgh Bike Coop, they worth checking out for cheep bit at sale time but that is about it.

Top Bottom