Pacing myself, advice required.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Panter said:
Fantastic, many thanks guys :becool:

I'll post back some times when I do them ;)

Well, due to an admin error my name was left off the list for the 6.5m novice TT, although TBH it was just as well as I could save myself for the 3-up the following day.

We did the KCA 3-up 25miler yesterday in 1Hr, 16mins and fourty something seconds which I'm really pleased with as our target was 1Hr 20.
The course was changed at the last minute because of traffic problems on the original route so we'd never ridden the course before and it was very windy and pishing down with rain all day.

Mind you, I've never seen so much bike bling before, you couldn't move for carbon monocoque bikes and "alien helmets," most of the bikes didn't even seem to have a seatpost, just the frame moulded up to the right height for the seat. ;)
I was the only rider there on a Giant SCR3 anyway :laugh:

Dave5N

Über Member
Well done. When's the next one?

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Thanks Dave, the next one is a club 2-up in a couple of weeks time but I won't have a partner for that so I'm going to offer to marshall instead (less training required too ;) )

Aside from that, the weekly 10mile TT's start quite soon which I'm keen to have a go at.

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
Lots of fascinating TT info on http://cyclingtimetrials.org. I'm thinking of doing a few TT's myself. Done a couple of the local courses and timed myself - working out where to put the efforts in and surge up the hills etc. I think it is sensible not to blast off but gradually wind the pace up and pick people off as you would in a running race.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Panter said:
We did the KCA 3-up 25miler yesterday in 1Hr, 16mins and fourty something seconds which I'm really pleased with as our target was 1Hr 20.
The course was changed at the last minute because of traffic problems on the original route so we'd never ridden the course before and it was very windy and pishing down with rain all day.

Nice work! did you enjoy it despite the weather? I've only done one 3-up TTT and it was in perfect conditions. So when drafting I could get a rest without copping a load of spray in the face.

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Thanks peeps, appreciated :tongue:

did you enjoy it despite the weather?
Yes I did really, it was nice to push really hard like that and we had done a few training sessions which worked out as it all fell into place quite smoothly :sad:
I declined the "launched start" though, is that common practice? I'm fairly new to clipless and didn't want to go flat on my face at the start so I pushed myself off ;)

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Panter said:
Thanks peeps, appreciated :sad:

Yes I did really, it was nice to push really hard like that and we had done a few training sessions which worked out as it all fell into place quite smoothly ;)
I declined the "launched start" though, is that common practice? I'm fairly new to clipless and didn't want to go flat on my face at the start so I pushed myself off :ohmy:

At a TT you have the option of being pushed off or you can do a standing start. I did a 25 last season and the start was on a pretty steep downhill so I passed up the offer of the usual start and just rolled down a bit and clipped in on the way, wouldn't have made much difference to my time over 25 miles. Do whatever you're comfortable with, you can always practice a few starts with a friend before the next one.

Top Bottom