Pack an extra banana on Monday........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yip, I remember when I could fill up my first car (a Mini) for £5. Now it takes over £70 to fill my car.

Anyway there is no fuel shortage and if there are any they are caused by people panic buying £10 worth so they can take little Johnny to school which is 1/2 mile away

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
arranandy said:
people panic buying £10 worth so they can take little Johnny to school which is 1/2 mile away

Yes but you have to remember that its an essensial journey ... I mean little Johnny would be unable to get to school any other way without being kidnapped or run over now would he (besides he would be exhusted).;):evil:

gbb

Legendary Member
Hairy Jock said:
I am looking forward to having quieter roads next week...

It'll be interesting to see if that happens...but i doubt it :rolleyes:

Despite the recent price rises, i dont really see any difference in peoples driving habits...pulling away fast from a junction, braking at the last minute at junctions, driving at speed whenever possible.....all uneconomical ways of driving.

There was an article a few months ago...it stated that petrol would have to be an AWFUL LOT more expensive before people REALLY started to change their driving habits, and i'm not talking £1.50 a litre...much more. Shame i cant remember the figure.

Mine costs £25 to fill the tank. With good use I can get over 250 miles out of it.

My Volvo cost me maybe £55 to fill (from running on vapour). I could get maybe 320 miles from that, if I was careful. I'm not looking for sympathy, but if I fill up on Monday morning and come home from work each day I have to fill up again on Wednesday and Friday.:rolleyes: It's a nice car but it's not really practical any more.

jely

Fab Foodie said:
There will be panic buying of Bananas now...

little tidbit of pointless information - in Australia there was a banana shortage crisis in 2006... fruit shops even had to put up signs saying "no bananas kept on the premises!" - I kid you not!!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
My motorbike costs me £18 to fill it up now, but I can squeeze 300 miles out of a tank if I take it easy. On the other hand, several bananas and a few cereal bars with a bottle or two of Eau de tap sees me ok for a hundred plus miles on old faithful.

MERV

jely said:
little tidbit of pointless information - in Australia there was a banana shortage crisis in 2006... fruit shops even had to put up signs saying "no bananas kept on the premises!" - I kid you not!!

Where did they keep them then?:sad:

Top Bottom