Packable Waterproof Jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
What's your budget? And are you prone to significant sweating while cycling?

Give the search function a try, this question comes up often :smile:

OP
OP
S

Shooter999

Don't sweat excessively. Don't mind spending the cash (but would prefer not to^_^) if I can get a waterproof, relatively breathable and very Packable! Does this combination even exist?

D

Deleted member 22722

I have a few packable waterproof jackets but by far the best is the Sportful Hot Pack Ultralight Jacket. It packs up to nothing and is about as waterproof as these get. It is much more breathable than any others that I have (Castelli, Endura, Altura).

D

Deleted member 22722

Thanks for the reply. Would you wear this if you knew it was going to be a very rainy ride?

I'm fortunate enough that I have a couple of other dedicated jackets for heavy constant rain and I'd choose one of those if I knew it was going to be constant. However, if I thought the conditions were going to be such where it is stop/start raining throughout the ride then yes I would go with the Hot Pack. Because it's so light it dries very quickly and is also very good for when you need a little extra protection from the wind.

I used this on a sportive last year where the weather was very foggy and there was a lot of moisture in the air akin to a constant drizzle for around 4-5 hours. This jacket kept me comfortably dry and warm throughout. Without it I would have been soaked through.

OP
OP
S

Shooter999

I have one of these. Packs about coke can size (at least it will go in a jersey pocket,) http://www.endurasport.com/products/?ProductID=15&initcode=E9023R
Very waterproof and breathability good.

Thanks for that, it looks like a good jacket.

OP
OP
S

Shooter999

Went for the endura, seems like a nice jacket.

The only shortfall is the relatively small pocket, not much room for anything. However it does pack down to easily fit in a jersey pocket.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I have the same jacket in white. It does me fairly well, though I havent really worn it out in any serious downpours but so far its been great. Can be a little flappy though. Either that or ive lost a bit of weight.

Top Bottom