Packing for my hols

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I'm infuriating my wife by packing for my cycle tour a week before departure.

When I packed for family holidays I'd pack half an hour before we set off from home.

Packing is the only other planned activity of my tour in addition to booking the travel to the start and back from the end.

France, Switzerland, Germany and Amsterdam mmmm Amsterdam here I come!

Do the French, Swiss, Germans and Dutch do pies?

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Don't know about pies but certainly plenty of frites/ wurst etc on offer I should think. Some slightly more exotic offerings in Amsterdam too no doubt! What's your route/ itinerary?

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Don't know about pies but certainly plenty of frites/ wurst etc on offer I should think. Some slightly more exotic offerings in Amsterdam too no doubt! What's your route/ itinerary?

Coach from Leeds to Beaune then cycle - Mulhouse - Basle - Donnauschingen - along Danube to Passau - train to Munich - sleeper train to Amsterdam - two days in Amsterdam :wacko: ferry to Newcastle - train to Leeds.

Bluebell72

Packing is an activity that helps get me excited for my hols - though usually by the night before I set off, I'm like a six year old on Christmas Eve, :biggrin:

Have a great time away, Vernon.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Coach from Leeds to Beaune then cycle - Mulhouse - Basle - Donnauschingen - along Danube to Passau - train to Munich - sleeper train to Amsterdam - two days in Amsterdam :wacko: ferry to Newcastle - train to Leeds.

Sounds brilliant. Enjoy - and good luck on finding some pies!

fenfirsttimer

I know the Dutch do great a pea & ham soup that will keep you cycling!

We girlies :girl: have to start packing early as we have to take loads more clothes than we need wherever we go :smile:

Have a great trip.

Corgi Kid

That sound like it's going to be a fantastic holiday. There's nothing wrong in packing a week early. I am going diving in Turkey 10th September but already have the spare room in a right mess getting all my kit sorted for the adventure. Have a great time and be safe. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

I know the Dutch do great a pea & ham soup that will keep you cycling!

We girlies :girl: have to start packing early as we have to take loads more clothes than we need wherever we go :smile:

Have a great trip.

Pea and ham soup!!!! :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

Scotmitchy

I'm going my first cycling holiday this week too, heading off on Tuesday I think, or possibly even tomorrow.

I have checked the weather forecast about 20 times, have mentally packed a dozen times, and later today will do it for real :biggrin:

As a family we went away last week, and I spent around 20 minutes in total on the packing then lol.

Top Bottom