Padded Shorts Question..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
koro

koro

Hey Dinks

Thanks for the link....good reading

As I had set up the seat height/fore and aft to get my knees in the right position over the pedals, and with my knees and legs feeling great after 50 miles, I was reluctant to alter seat height.....

But thinking about it, perhaps I do have it a little too high, as when I try to stand up on the pedals whilst still on the seat, my bum dosn`t really leave the sadlle, ( prob a few mm`s)...which may be causing me to rock my pelvis and hence the lower left back pain....well I may be hoping to much. I only wish I was able to get out more and try the bike...

Can I ask if adjusting by a couple of mm`s will see a difference or do I need to alter in 5 mm segments?

I really do appreciate peoples replies..

Cheers

OP
OP
koro

koro

Hi,

This isn`t a case of tryingto keep this post going, I noticed how many had read the post, so thought I should give an update..

I lowered the saddle 5mm, keeping it level. This morning I did a 55 mile loop. At first I though that I was getting a pian in the front of my knees, but after awhile felt ok. The best thing is that the lower left back ache has now gone, I guess the saddle was a little to high and I was rotating my hips ( thats a guess!)
The numb nuts sensation took longer to come, and when it did I tilted the seat down at he front, that felt so much better to my numbnuts... Though I think I might have it tilted a little to much as there is now a lot of weight on arms, my elbows know about it. I can feel my sitbones on the seat, not sure if I am meant to or not. lol

Just goes to show how a little tweaking, can make a huge difference. I must admit that I was reluctant to alter much, having been setup by the LBS..

So the moralof this thread, even for newbies like myself, is not to fear by adjusting your setup, little bits at a time, to hopefully (eventually) get a comfortable setup...( it does help loads having peeps on this forum pointing you in the right direction :smile:)

Niblox

koro said:
Hi,

ianturner
No not wearing underwear, but am considering a jock strap to perhaps keep things out of the way...

I wear a jock regularly, more out of habit but I also find it comfortable on short to moderately long rides. Anyone else wear one?

ramses

I use Karrimor ones from Sports Direct. If I recall correctly they were £9.99, as always the stuff in Sports Direct is cheap.

Never had a problem with them. They are just plain black, nothing fancy.

I'm not a fan of the lycra look either, so I put a pair of adidas clima cool shorts on over the top, also black. The shorts weigh next to nothing, and are very cooling as well, so no over heat problems.

Top Bottom