Pagetext message

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is there a reason why older threads and posts have been replaced with the word Pagetext. Seems to happen on any threads started before May 2008?

Shaun

Founder
Yes ... it was caused by the recent database crash and applies to the earliest posts from the very beginnings of CC.

I've got a backup of the post data but as there are around 13,900 affected posts it's going to take me a while to manually pull the contents from the backup and add them back in to the main database (there's no way to automate the process unfortunately!).

I plan to do this in batches as time allows, so over time they will be slowly drip-fed back into place.

No rest for the wicked eh ... :smile:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Shaun

Founder
Don't worry, it'll all in hand; I'm installing Apache, MySQL, PHP, and PHPMyAdmin on my laptop, restoring from the 1GB SQL backup file to recover the post table from the vBulletin database, whittling it down to the 13,900 affected records, writing the ID and Content fields to a new temporary table, dumping the field data to and SQL backup file, importing the contents into Excel, doing a find and replace to set-up the insert statements, exporting them to a CVS file, doing a find and replace to tidy up the statements, then running them through PHPMyAdmin to re-insert them back into the master table.

:biggrin:

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Admin said:
Don't worry, it'll all in hand; I'm installing Apache, MySQL, PHP, and PHPMyAdmin on my laptop, restoring from the 1GB SQL backup file to recover the post table from the vBulletin database, whittling it down to the 13,900 affected records, writing the ID and Content fields to a new temporary table, dumping the field data to and SQL backup file, importing the contents into Excel, doing a find and replace to set-up the insert statements, exporting them to a CVS file, doing a find and replace to tidy up the statements, then running them through PHPMyAdmin to re-insert them back into the master table.

;)

Yeah, I thought so......<cough>

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Admin said:

:wacko:
wow! Beats 'get your coat, you've pulled'.

Shaun

Founder
My inner geek occasionally wins out!!! :laugh:

Oh, and don't tell anyone, but it's much worse than I thought ... :biggrin:

"I may be gone for some time" .... :tongue:

Shaun

Founder
Ah, it looks like a few of them got mixed up during the replacement query.

Should be able to fix it, but I have a busy weekend ahead so might not get to it until sometime early next week.

I'll post here once sorted.

Cheers,
Shaun :tongue:

Top Bottom