Pain above left knee..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny251

I am experiencing pain above my left knee only when cycling. I have positioned my cleats so that my feet point outwards when pedalling to match the way I walk in-case that info might help.

Any input as to why this is happening would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Loads of reasons could cause this id start by checking the obvious ones. Saddle height , fore and aft postion of saddle. Are your legs the same length? I had this issue years ago with just my left leg turned out it was half inch shorter than my right and i hadnt even noticed so i shifted just the left cleat forward and the pain went away.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Do your pedals have a lot of float? If they do it might be worth setting your cleats in a neutral position and seeing if the pain goes away - there should be enough float for your feet to turn out. As Dragonwight says, might be worth getting someone to check your leg length/foot size/cleat position etc.

I turned my cleats out too far and ended up making a knee problem worse, but the problem is much improved after setting them back to neutral and moving them backwards.

OP
OP
Danny251

Danny251

Hi there! Thanks for the replies and sorry for the late one from me. I did my first 30 mile ride with my new club yesterday and I had raised the seat position even more and I didn't really experience the pain. It seems like its gone now.

I still have the numbness of the feet right enough but I just unclip and shake my feet to get the feeling back again and this works for 5-10 miles I think.

Top Bottom