Pain In The Ar$e..........Literally!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve23

for some reason this year ive been getting saddle sores.
i have the same saddle ive had for a while, a spesh alias. but a couple of weeks ago i had a huge boil on my undercarriage after a long ride. it compeletly dissapeared after a day or two, but ive had loads this year!

so, i invested in a new Selle Italia Max Flite, and although not causing me saddle sores, is making my backside feel numb after an hour or so of in and out of the saddle riding!!!

what am i to do!? i need a saddle suitable to race on, so a big touring thing wouldnt do! but im all out of ideas. i cant afford to keep spending 70 quid on saddles that still hurt my bum!!!

any ideas??? apart from riding constantly stood up!!??

See my thread in bikes accessories kit and clothing - Charge saddles

OP
OP
S

steve23

cheers guys.

am currently using s new spesh toupe gel saddle, see if that helps. but its hard to tell as all saddles hurt atm!!!

that selle italia thing though was murder!!! not enjoyable riding at the min!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Presumably you wash your nether regions with soap and hot water in the shower every day? Why not try washing for a few weeks with a bactericidal product? Anything designed for teenage acne would do or Carex, Hibiscrub or Boots own.

As above a higher wash temperature will kill any bacteria lingering in the pad, don't be tempted by these low temperature wash ads on TV. Make sure you wash the shorts every couple of rides and dry them thoroughly.

On saddles, are you sure you've got your saddle at the correct height, nose up or down posture and position on the rails? The Flite is a popular saddle, I don't even notice mine.

OP
OP
S

steve23

yea i wash my shorts after every ride, and am in the shower as soon as i get in!!!

i was dissapointed with the flite, i had tried it in all positions, but it just didnt agree with my bum!!!

knonist

I had the same problem on my new saddle, I changed the tyre to marthon plus, the extra rubber seems to have reduce the virbation a fair bit

knonist

Top Bottom