Pain Killers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KEEF

Veteran
I was prescribed pain killers yesterday Codine Phosphate. I have never taken anything stronger than Paracetamol. Took two in the morning and two at teatime. After a night dreaming of being in a house full of Temporal Anomalies I cant wait for tonight's episode.:biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The Anadin Extra with Paracetemol and Codene give me a very weird head and make me feel sick.....I soon went back to none - and they are over the counter stuff.

potsy

Rambler
Not taken the ones you mention keef,but years ago had a bad toothache in the night and out of desperation took some of my OH's painkillers that she had after a major operation,next thing i remember was waking up on the bathroom floor!!:biggrin:

ChrisKH

Guru
How much you taking, 60 mg (2 x 30mg) ? They can produce a feeling of Euphoria and give you some crazy dreams. Beware, they will give you chronic and I mean chronic constipation if taken regularly. They're also addictive, so only take on prescription and for a short course. Having said that, I have taken them daily for oooh eight years?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
My missus was given codeine phosphate after a c section I had one when I put a nail through my thumb. Very strong. don't take them too often they are an opiate and could become addictive!

PaulB

Legendary Member
I have the weirdest reaction to anything with codeine. I look like I've been painted red. Seriously, although it does away with pain, I have an immediate allergic reaction that has me itching from head to toe and my skin changes to a freshly sunburnt look. Then again, I am also freakishly allergic to caffeine so Anadin is out as well. With that, I get the weirdest migraine (all sparkly-lighted aura but no subsequent headache! Steer-range or what?) it's possible to imagine. Neurofen gives me vertigo and out-of-body balance issues. On balance, I'd rather have the pain than the after-effects of the pain-killer so I never take any. Anyone who weakens to that extent and eats pain-killers like they're big girl's blouses, is a big girl's blouse.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Erm, codeine has no affect on me at all apart from working very well - even the 'strong stuff' - though agree it is a bit addictive & can cause constipation long term, (may expalin your numbnuts ;) )

A friend of mine began 'tripping' on a relatively low dose, so each unto thier own.

TVC

Enjoy the trip, and sweet dreams.

After my big collision I was on a cocktail of three pain killers for a couple of weeks, I've never been so happy - well except in A&E when they dosed me up with Morphine, despite multiple breaks and leaking claret from several places I was eyeing up the nurses.

OP
OP
KEEF

KEEF

Veteran
Thanks for all your advice To be honest I have only had two today. One this morning and one tonight they are controlling the pain. I like the dreams but having a numb nose is strange. :smile::laugh:

Top Bottom