pain pain pain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markg0vbr

Über Member
arrrrrrrg make it stop please.
got some sleep bue pain bilding up dont wont to wake mum up a she has a lot of problems with heth a n d find sdificult to sleep cat has justcume fofr cudle

arrrrrrrg make it stop please.
got some sleep bue pain bilding up dont wont to wake mum up a she has a lot of problems with heth a n d find sdificult to sleep cat has justcume fofr cudle

Been there and done that.
What I found out after loosing the arm to a Tiger is that as long as you can get a good/resonable nights sleep or even a short kip, any amount of pain is bareable.
Once your sleep gets disrupted then things go downhill.

I did my arm on a friday night just before a bank holiday.
So I wasn't seen by the pain team untill Tuesday.
I was climbing the wall on Monday and even ended up swearing at a nurse ......... :sad:
She didn't deserve it and I appologised the next day.

But it does get better .............. :thumbsup:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I suspect you wouldn't have seen the Horizon program on pain this week (Monday night), but you might find it interesting to watch on iPlayer if you have a TV handy. Certainly shows how its a very complex area that we are still finding more out about.

Hope you managed to nod off after that earlier post.

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
could not take it any longer and woke mum up (mobile phone as she is deaf) got some drugs down me (god i love drugs) and did some repositioning and must have gone out like a light .
just come round, i feel part way human now.
sorry about the post being a bit odd but was gnawing on a pillow at the time.
right just pop my Rollerblades on and whiz of to the bath room (get on crutches)then a hectic day at the club with the hoy-peloy of society(surf the net a bit read a book and pray for wheel chair arriving)
thanks for the kind words it helps to know some one takes a interest.

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
eeeeee a good wesh cup of tea and (drum roll ....................) i put my left sock on all by my ickl self now i a big boy i am. :tongue: did tingle a bit but i am hard as nails :whistle: (except at 4;30 when whimpering but that don't count because i did not throw my teddy out of bed) ;)

slugonabike

Glad that you managed to get some sleep, Mark, it always makes things more bearable. It's a very lonely feeling, being awake and in pain when everyone else is asleep.

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
Glad that you managed to get some sleep, Mark, it always makes things more bearable. It's a very lonely feeling, being awake and in pain when everyone else is asleep.

the cat did come and look at me from time to time :ph34r: i think she knows i am not well as she normally walks all over me pummels me in to the most comfortable position flops down and give you that look (i am now comfortable and will move WHEN AND IF i like try and move me and loose a finger :dry:) but so far she has not jumped up once, i am a bit glad as she is a massive cat.
moving about this morning has been not bad, but i have timed it to do every thing i need to do at the peek of my pain relief. next pills 12:00

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Feeling for you mate. I hope things start to turn up soon. Recovering from something like this is a mental and physical assault course, and you need your sleep to deal with it.

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
Feeling for you mate. I hope things start to turn up soon. Recovering from something like this is a mental and physical assault course, and you need your sleep to deal with it.

ok i will start getting my brain in gear for sleep.
oooommmmmm soggy monstrous ooooommmmmm soggy mat-rouse oooooommmmmm

:tongue:
i will give you a quick ring when i wake up in the early hours to let you know i am ok :whistle: dont wont you fretting :angel:

slugonabike

Try and make sure you have pain medicine within easy reach tonight so that you don't have to rely on your Mum if you wake in the early hours!

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
good thinking that man, but it was as much a change in position as the meds now if i put a hook in the ceiling with a bit of string through it mmmm
i may be conceiving a cunning plan. :hyper:

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
thank you all
did not have a bad night awake most of the night but not in pain, started fretting :wacko:about getting back to work i do pest control, so lofts ladders crawling about in confined spaces, will i be able to do it, what will happen if not ect ect man 2 - 6am can get you thinking, but bad when you can do nothing about it, i don't even know if i will end up with a hip replacement.:sad:
it will all come out in the wash what will be, will be, is easy to say but hard to believe.
go in for my first scan on the 17th and will have one every six weeks for about two years :eek:

slugonabike

((Mark)), glad that you were in less pain overnight. The wee small hours are a bu$$er for the dark thoughts, aren't they?! I had a similar night, fretting about how we would manage financially if I have to give up w*rk, things don't look so gloomy this morning though :smile:

trickletreat

Veteran
Hi Mark, hope you have had a good day and a better night tonight. Been thinking about the vermin, came up with this...My link,
could come in handy on the trike as well
biggrin.gif

Top Bottom