Pain relief tablets and dosage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
An aunt of mine had that and her doctor fobbed her off in the same way. Keep taking paracetamol and the pain would eventually go away. He was right, it did - she died of a brain aneurysm...
Sorry to hear that - I know 2 people thta have head those and both described exactly what I felt

Had a brain scan and all that and nothing wrong - much to my surprise

I also get strange floaty things in front of my eyes on very rare occaisions - optician says it it an optical migraine
this one just went into my head for some reason

that was all a few years ago - not happened since - hope it doesn't come back!!

Joffey

Big Dosser
Try and get some codeine :hyper:

Buck

Guru
Without wanting to get bogged down by what I'm sure a multitude of associated issues, and I get that if one is reducing the pain it's liable to be enough at least in the short term, but does anyone know if taking 1 x 200mg tablet six times a day, is more or less effective than taking 2 x 200mg tablets three times day?

In simple terms, no. The dosage is the same in that it is 1200mg pd. HOWEVER, you need to understand the specific drug and it‘s decay / half life. For example, if a drug reduces its effectiveness in an hour then taking a large dose every 4 hours would give you a larger intial respinse but you may find that for part of that four hour period you do not have enough doage in your body to manage the pain

you need to speak to your Pharmacist (not GP) regarding the specific characteristics of the medication you are on.
as an aside, Paracetamol overdose is dangerous so be careful on self medicating. I get codeine separate to paracetamol instead of co-codamol To remove the limiting factor of the paracetamol risk.

Top Bottom