Paintball

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

I'm going Paintballing tomorrow for the first time and haven't a clue what to expect.

Any tips?

I'm told I'm not allowed to use the butt of the gun to save ammo. or a paintbrush for hand to hand.

Mr Phoebus

Roll about in the wet mud, then roll about in the fallen leaves, then bide your time.

Maz

Guru
Tete - have you ever held a paintball? They are surprisingly solid - they feel like marbles i.e. not soft and squidgy. Can be painful when you get hit by them!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Tetedelacourse said:
I'm going Paintballing tomorrow for the first time and haven't a clue what to expect.

Any tips?

I'm told I'm not allowed to use the butt of the gun to save ammo. or a paintbrush for hand to hand.

Have you got a cricket box ?

Mr Phoebus

I was hit in the arm by a paintball pellet.
It may as well have been a real bullet.
The bruising, marking and swelling lasted for weeks.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Watch out for the sunday soldiers.. kitted up with top of the range camaflage gear and paintball guns with laser and telesopic sights...;)

ChrisKH

Guru
Expect a great deal of pain! I have done it a bit in the past with an old work colleague. I'm the gung ho head on sprint and fire type. My mate picks best sniper locations before the whistle and then sprints to them and picks off the opposition. He wins every time usually getting the award for the best player of the day.

I sometimes win, but usually the flag in the middle type game which takes a lot of balls in the face of oncoming fire.

Young Un

avoid getting shot in the back at all times - it flippin hurts. in my case i did not see a bunker where three of the opposition were hiding, i ran past them not noticing them. unfortunately they noticed my so i had three guns locked onto me, resulting in three nice red bruises on my back. oh and never never lift up ur mask, wen one guy did wen i went he got jumped on by one of the marshal guys and almost got kicked out of the park

Mr Phoebus

Re-enact the 'Russian Roulette' scene from The Deer Hunter. ;)

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

shoot! I hadn't anticipated pain. I mean, I'm no fan of DIY but the pain there is mental pain.

I had wondered if it was bad etiquette to capture and "execute" opposition. Now I think I might find a quiet spot and see if I can wait it out til the lunch gong goes.

FFFF no I haven't got a cricket box. I might try and fashion one from a tortoise tonight. I don't want my giblets whacked.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Tetedelacourse said:
shoot! I hadn't anticipated pain. I mean, I'm no fan of DIY but the pain there is mental pain.

I had wondered if it was bad etiquette to capture and "execute" opposition. Now I think I might find a quiet spot and see if I can wait it out til the lunch gong goes.

FFFF no I haven't got a cricket box. I might try and fashion one from a tortoise tonight. I don't want my giblets whacked.

Take good care of them. I recall the last time I went one of my team mates stopped for a jimmy riddle part through the game and for a laugh we all turned our guns on him mid flow. I am not sure who actually fired the direct hit ;) but I have not laughed like that for a long time :biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You can quite often see the paint balls coming, but you won't get out of their way. They hurt.... especially at point blank on the top of your head (thanks mate).

We did it at an indoor arena - was great.

Expect it to cost abit in ammo..... we spent about £35 on refils in a couple of hours.....

wafflycat

Ah yes, expect pain. Expect bruising. When WMnr first started paintballing & before he had the proper kit, he could end up covered in bruises... Don't forget to cover your neck. A paintball hitting your jugular area from close range can swell enormously...

U

User482

Be prepared for IT types to take it all rather too seriously. I was thinking about how long it was until we could go to the pub, whereas they were checking if they had enough camouflage paint on.

Top Bottom