Pair Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres 700 x 38

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rickangus

Über Member
Too wide for my rims! Hardly used original centre line flashing still visible, less than 150 miles £30 plus postage from West Sussex (can collect if required).

Bigtallfatbloke

I think my Dawes galaxy has Schwalbe Marathon 700Cx32 tyres fitted. Mine are in need of replacing soon as the tread is worn down a fair bit...do you think yours will fit my wheels? Sorry...I'm a total dimwit on techie things like this.

OP
OP
R

rickangus

Über Member
If you already have 32mm tyres you will definitely be able to fit them on the rims and as a btfb you'll benefit from the increased volume (= comfort).

But have a look at your rims and see if there is there a little sticker on them stating their size. According to the Schwalbe site here (and scroll down)

http://www.schwalbe.co.uk/pdf/techinfo.pdf

you'll ideally need a rim width of 17mm or more. FWIW I have them fitted to 15 mm rims. I'll try and find out what size your rims are (presumably stock Galaxy wheels?).

If they are too wide they'll need to be pumped up hard otherwise they can feel a bit 'squirmy' when cornering. But you'll never get a visit from the fairies!

Bigtallfatbloke

I am very happy with the tyres I have already and want to simply replace like with like. Yes these are the standard tyres sold with new daws galaxy bikes. I will take a look at the rims tomorrow and see if I can get more accurate info. Thanks for helping.

Bigtallfatbloke

I think they will fit ok, I am just a little concerned that they may be to 'fat' and add more drag to my ride....I forgot to look at the wheels/tyres today and now it's dark out in the garage so I'll do it tomorrow. Hopefully these are the same tyrs as I already have and all will be well.

Top Bottom