PakiT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe Brom

Regular
I posted my new Bike Friday on the "see your folders" thread, but it occurs to me there probably isn't a thread for these things..I dont imagine they've sold very many yet.

I swapped the flat bars for Nitto Albatross and a longer stem. The wider bars interfere with the saddle when folding, so what you see is the lower seatpost portion dropped into the frame - note this finishes the tripod with the other kickstand piece so the bike stays up - then the upper post with saddle is removed. The handlepost slides on a post into the frame.

It's not the kind of fold I would want to be fiddling with in a hurry while running for a train, but it's good enough to pop in the car for the occasional jaunt to a nice riding spot..that's what I bought it for. Most of the time I'll keep the bars and saddle in place and just use the 'kick the wheel under' feature to shorten the bike in my apartment.

IMG_20181004_101728.jpg IMG_20181003_132447.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I do like the Bike Friday, I think its a good viable alternative to the Brompton.
How did you buy it? Direct from the States or do they have a UK distributor?

OP
OP
Joe Brom

Joe Brom

Regular
I'm in the US. It was returned to Bike Friday with about 10 miles on it, they offered it to me after I tried to buy a tikit on their "pre-loved" page but it didn't fit me.

Top Bottom