Panaracer Gravel King Puncture hell anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaddyK

So, needed a pair of all year round fast commuting tyres. Bought the Panaracer Gravel King and yeh, they're fast. But as soon as it started to rain, you only have to look at them and they puncture.

Anybody had a similar experience?

Cheers,
Paddy

So, needed a pair of all year round fast commuting tyres. Bought the Panaracer Gravel King and yeh, they're fast. But as soon as it started to rain, you only have to look at them and they puncture.

Anybody had a similar experience?

Cheers,
Paddy

I doubt it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Did you do a 'post mortem' on the punctures (i.e. did you look to see what had caused each one of them)?

I had a run of daily punctures when I first started cycling again as an adult. It turned out to be nothing to do with my tyres. I asked an experienced cyclist for advice and he told me that he suspected that I was damaging the tubes when using tyre levers to refit the tyres. He was right! I was more careful after that and the problem went away.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I had a pair on a new bike last year, did a few hundred miles & then 2 punctures in a week or so :sad: Quite a thin tyre IMO, so changed to Rufty Tufty tyres, made by Panaracer, but a much thicker & harder rubber. Great protection, but a hard compound, so grip is not as good as I'd like :blush: I've done over 4000 miles on these with no punctures, but the rear is now looking very slick, so maybe time to change again

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
If you don't enjoy fixing roadside punctures (and I don't), then fit a pair of Marathons and check the treads regularly for embedded objects. I've been running a set for a year and a half on really crappy roads with no visits from the Fairy. Contrary to what some will tell you, M's roll perfectly OK too and have adequate grip. The only unavoidable feature of them is they are heavy tyres, but why would a commuter care about weight shaving? The important thing is arriving at your destination on time, without having to stop to fix your bike on the way.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Lol funnily enough I’m running the gravel king SKs tubeless. Had a fair bit of bother but putting it down to tubeless setup. However they do puncture as evident by the small bubbles of sealant. They do seem a soft tyre. Fast rolling they even with the knobs. However will probably try something else the next time.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
If you don't enjoy fixing roadside punctures (and I don't), then fit a pair of Marathons and check the treads regularly for embedded objects. I've been running a set for a year and a half on really crappy roads with no visits from the Fairy. Contrary to what some will tell you, M's roll perfectly OK too and have adequate grip. The only unavoidable feature of them is they are heavy tyres, but why would a commuter care about weight shaving? The important thing is arriving at your destination on time, without having to stop to fix your bike on the way.

Weight shaving, is that a way of losing weight by shaving bits off with no need for diet and exercise?

Top Bottom