• Making mine from scratch

Votes: 19 63.3%
  • Microwaving some ready made ones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pouring pancake mix from the carton

• Remembering our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Emptying the pantry ahead of Lenten fast.

• Nutella

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I hate pancakes

• I forgot about pancake day

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I didnt mean to cause offence, just my observation ,I am not used to mcdonalds or kfc , dont care much for either of them to be honest, your right i may like them in your pic, but i eat with my eyes first if that makes sense, and i am eating nowt i dont like the look of,

bagpuss

Guru
Food Fight:surrender::whistle:

C R

Guru
I made these yesterday instead, as I wasn't in the mood for pancakes...

View attachment 633518

They're called "favorki" - and a Polish tradition for this time of year. Basically, a pastry made with flour, eggs, cream and brandy, cut into strips and then deep fried. :hungry:
Very similar to our "orellas", literally ears, as if you do it right they end up with the shape of an elephant's ear. I made some at the weekend, but mine aren't all that eary
20220226_203543.jpg

steverob

Guru
Completely forgot about it, but at the same time I probably wouldn't have been able to make them on Tuesday anyway - was racing on Zwift that evening and having them beforehand would have not gone well xx( and was too knackered afterwards to want to faff around in the kitchen for ages.

I will get around to doing some eventually - in fact I think I do have one of those batter mixes in a shaker bottle that you just add water to, hiding away in the back of the cupboard (assuming it's still in date). Then it's lemon and sugar with the first few, followed by some with either chocolate spread (not Nutella) or possibly heated up golden syrup.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Mrs 26 reminded me in time but then disappeared on a Mum/Daughter jaunt for a few days. In the end I couldn't be arsed to make any for me and Daughter #1. If I had been I'd have made them myself. So which vote applies? There isn't a remembered/would have rolled sleeves up/couldn't be arsed option in the poll :laugh:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
+ive COVID and feeling like crap on Tuesday so probably for the first time in my life it was a pancake-less Shrove Tuesday. I'll make up for it, do like a nice pancake with maple syrup and ice cream

Top Bottom