I was listening to a R2 phone in about this earlier.....they had a Doctor in.
By a strange coincidence i had my first ever one yesterday evening.
I have read about them previously and had a good idea what was happening.
It was for all the world like I imagine a heart attack to be with palpitations, heart racing etc.....quite scary when it was happening.
Fortunately i have just had my HR and BP etc checked out and all is good.....therefore I was able to accept what was happening and wait it out. Sure enough it gradually eased off though it took (i think) about 20 minutes.
I could also rationalise things and believe that with losing my wife, recent health hiccups and Wednesdays coming eye op it all combined to cause the episode.
I have been fine since and (apart from Wednesday) I feel relaxed as normal.
By a strange coincidence i had my first ever one yesterday evening.
I have read about them previously and had a good idea what was happening.
It was for all the world like I imagine a heart attack to be with palpitations, heart racing etc.....quite scary when it was happening.
Fortunately i have just had my HR and BP etc checked out and all is good.....therefore I was able to accept what was happening and wait it out. Sure enough it gradually eased off though it took (i think) about 20 minutes.
I could also rationalise things and believe that with losing my wife, recent health hiccups and Wednesdays coming eye op it all combined to cause the episode.
I have been fine since and (apart from Wednesday) I feel relaxed as normal.
Now that I know that, I try to remember to TEBTDMWBD**, which usually works!