Panic buying...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
No I think you will find he/she is a cheapskate, Tesco offer a deliver 7 day service or deliver 3 day service, it means you can have delivery on your specified days, not that he/she has had them. But just a note on the free delivery, you pay for free delivery in advance, mine persoanlly is paid up until the end of May, once again they aren't delivering so taking money under false pretences.

Actually Tesco are not taking money for Delivery Saver at the moment, you get the benefit but are not paying.

screenman

Legendary Member
Where are Tesco going wrong, supply to them, supply to customer, customers panic buying? All seems a bit confusing to me.

D

Deleted member 26715

Actually Tesco are not taking money for Delivery Saver at the moment, you get the benefit but are not paying.
Incorrect, they may not be renewing any, but those that are in place are not being refunded, as said ours ends on 20th May so presumably been in place for the 3 months prior, we've had 1 deliver since 25th March which was booked before, so they have our money & unable to supply.

D

Deleted member 26715

Of the suppliers?
Without being inside Tesco's who knows, but I suspect they have been happy to sit on their laurels & watch the cash roll in without thinking of investment or the future. Think BL, Triumph, oh there is no threat, people are loyal to us we don't need to change, they have been caught with their trousers around their metaphorical ankles & haven't the senior management talent to get themselves out of it.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Incorrect, they may not be renewing any, but those that are in place are not being refunded, as said ours ends on 20th May so presumably been in place for the 3 months prior, we've had 1 deliver since 25th March which was booked before, so they have our money & unable to supply.
This is what I got from Tesco.

What’s happening to my existing Delivery Saver plan?
On 2 April 2020, we emailed all Delivery Saver customers to say that we’re suspending subscription fees until further notice, due to limited delivery and Click+Collect slots. We’ve also refunded half of the fee you paid for March. But you can still book available delivery slots for free, on days that fall within your usual Delivery Saver plan.

https://www.tesco.com/DeliverySaver/faqs

D

Deleted member 26715

This is what I got from Tesco.

What’s happening to my existing Delivery Saver plan?
On 2 April 2020, we emailed all Delivery Saver customers to say that we’re suspending subscription fees until further notice, due to limited delivery and Click+Collect slots. We’ve also refunded half of the fee you paid for March. But you can still book available delivery slots for free, on days that fall within your usual Delivery Saver plan.

https://www.tesco.com/DeliverySaver/faqs
I know I've read it, but we've not had a refund nor are we able to book slots, I have a question waiting for the CEO complaints department to respond to, I'm not holding my breath.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
The nearby Tesco Extra has had long queues outside every day since this situation started - people waiting up to an hour to get in and shop.
The last two days it's been raining and cold and guess what - no queues.

Presumably everyone is now stocked up on essential items...or did they not need to go shopping in the first place?

If I read your first post correctly you have or have had consecutive daily deliveries three times a week.

How does that help keep people at home?

Tesco don't care about customers at the best of times and at my two local stores have consistently failed to remain stocked. I also hear home deliveries are littered with shortages and substitutions. A good stock control system would eliminate this. Tesco had a large home delivery service prior to lockdown and therefore should already have a good system in place. Failure in home delivery is about stock control not stock shortages.

My local ALDI has been fully stocked throughout lockdown meaning customers have confidence product they need will be available. This keeps people at home and results in zero queues.
Read it again. I have deliveries at most once every 2 weeks.
Home deliveries locally have increased from 177 to 284 by hiring extra staff and vehicles.
To get stock control right then customers have to behave rationally.
Its normal to get substitutes its what's available on the day. I often order more of a cheaper cider (85p) knowing they won't have enough in and they substitute £2 a bottle cider at no extra charge. I tell them what substitutes i want and I don't pay extra.
No Aldi has been fully stocked throughout the lockdown. None whatsoever. You have gone when they have what you want in. Do you go every day?
Its normal for some Brits to find fault flaws etc with everything British and perfection in everything foreign.

Read yesterday that home deliveries at most are only covering at most around 15% of the food shopping activity do thats a lot of people who need to go out to shop anyway.
Aldi and Lidl dont deliver tesco locally have increased there deliveries substantially. Is that only 15% of people who want deliveries can get it? And 85% who want can't?
If not what's your point?

Do any of the stores commit not to put short-date products in the deliveries? It always used to be a drawback but I've not used deliveries for years, since I broke bones IIRC.
Yes I believe they all do. It should say against the item how many days it has to have on. At least that's true of Tesco. Waitrose will give it you free if they have no alternative to short dated

Not only the supermarkets. As mentioned above, some pharmacies and hardware stores also have long queues.

Three supermarkets near me could easily have a snaking rope queue in their large entrance halls, but then they'd have to move the unused trollies and non food tat displays and they're clearly more important than customers. Queuing across the car park - because you're worthless.
A snaking rope queues? Which obviously would not meet the social distancing.
Because your worthless? Really? do you think everyone or is it every company that despises you?

Top Bottom