1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pannier advice

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by Mister Paul, 23 Apr 2008.

1. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

My Altura Arran pannier is wearing through at the bottom. So I need a new one.

I only want one, as I have an Ortlieb office pannier on the other side.

My worn one has a 23 litre capacity which is about right for my needs. It's got a zipped pocket in the lid and another on the side. These are useful and I'd like a replacement with similar if possible.

I'd rather get something different to Altura now, as this one is only a few years old and shouldn't have worn out this quickly, and I've had a few problems with new Altura office panniers.

Any recommendations?

2. I think the Edinburgh Bike CoOp sell single panniers, their own brand, no idea how good they are though.

Link,
    Its not as big as your Altura however.

3. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

OK, next question.

Name a good online supplier, preferably with free postage, who do Ortlieb.

But not Wiggle. They don't do the bag I want, and won't get it in for me.

4. You could try the Edinburgh Bike CoOp on line their lbs ordered in my Ortliebs, maybe the on line shop will do the same; I think its free postage over £20.

5. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Jinx!

I'd just emailed EBC before I read your post.

Let's see what they say...

6. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

7. Alcdrew

Alcdrew Senior Member

Out of interest which bag have you gone/ going for?

8. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

9. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

I've got a back roller classic in red going spare, I only wanted one too, it's absolutely mint

offer me the rrp for one and it's yours

(and they're every bit as good as everyone says they are)

10. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

The RRP is £4.99.

Seriously, thanks for the offer. I like the look of the white one though which I can get for RRP, and red will clash with the bike.

11. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

tsk

I got badly gipped if it's £4.99

12. Trillian

Trillian New Member

tynan, I might be interested, do you have any pics of the back and fastenings
    how large, space wise is it inside?

ta

13. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

it's the Ortleib back roller classic, top o the range, all over google, supposed to fit any rack, there's a kinda bar at the bottom that slides behind almost any part of the rack and two automatic clips on top that snap to the top bar, all very very adjustable, everyone loves them, me included, big inside, nice pocket for papers etc, totally waterproof, rock solid on the bike

pricey is the only problem, spec if you have to buy two when you want one ...

details

backrollerclassicred250.jpg

14. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Mine arrived at work today. I ordered the special edition one because it's the only one you can buy in a single.

The only problem is I wasn't in work today.